super simple filepacker

Posted By: ventilator

super simple filepacker - 10/16/07 17:51

super_simple_filepacker.zip
i think the source is self-explanatory...

there seems to be a small problem in unpack.c. the loop seems to run once too often. i get one printf() too much. maybe someone can figure out how to fix this?
Posted By: HeelX

Re: super simple filepacker - 10/16/07 18:01

Thanks!

Could you make an example for encryption? When I hardcode the password into my Lite-C program and compile it to EXE, the password is protected, I guess?

Cheers, Christian.

Re: super simple filepacker - 10/16/07 18:18

no, all strings in an exe can be seen in a hex editor, so your plain text password wouldn't be that safe. but you could encrypt the password too.

encryption could be added quite easily but i don't think it's really necessary. it's a custom format anyway which can't simply be opened with winzip. you could further customize it so that it is more difficult to figure out for other gamestudio users. in the end all encryption is quite useless since with all filepackers your data will land in ram unencrypted anyway and there are plenty of tools for accessing it there.

Re: super simple filepacker - 10/16/07 19:15

Ok... I think its fine in its current state. Thanks

Re: super simple filepacker - 10/17/07 08:48

did anyone have a look at why the loop runs once too often in unpack.c? i guess i don't use feof() correctly? i could solve it differently but using feof() would be more elegant if it worked.
Posted By: TripleX

Re: super simple filepacker - 10/17/07 19:45

if i remember right, feof is executed after a failed fread instruction because of an feof error.

==>

while(!feof(fp))
{
long length;
fread(&length, sizeof(long), 1, fp);
if(feof(fp)) { break; }

no very elegant, but.. it should work

Re: super simple filepacker - 10/18/07 07:38

thanks! it was the first time that i used feof().

i have solved it like that now:

long length;
while(fread(&length, sizeof(long), 1, fp)) // while not eof
{

please download it again if you have the old version!

Re: super simple filepacker - 10/18/07 09:02

just for fun i have added encryption support.

the key isn't text but 4 numbers so it shouldn't be that easy to find it in the exe with a hex editor. but since other gamestudio users who can experiment with the filepacker source could do comparisons of the surrounding bytes or something like that you maybe should move the key around a bit (into a different function of your script or so).

(keep my second post in this thread in mind.)

<edit>...of course encryption is useless for the free lite-c since you can't really hide the source code and the key there. so i would remove the encryption part of the script when using it with the free lite-c.</edit>

Re: super simple filepacker - 10/18/07 16:51

Thanks!
Posted By: Quad

Re: super simple filepacker - 02/08/08 23:03

pack.c crashes at first addfile, using 7.07 ???

edit: nvm i forgot to copy zlib dll.
Posted By: D3D

Re: super simple filepacker - 02/17/08 01:40

Works for me thanks Does it matter if you have compressed textures and compress them again with this packer?

Re: super simple filepacker - 02/17/08 10:22

it's the lossless compression algorithm which also gets used for normal zip files. i think dds compression isn't very efficient (it was made to be cheap to process) so it even can make them a bit smaller in many cases.

Re: super simple filepacker - 02/18/08 11:19

so, is there any way to use lower compression ratio(or no compression, just packing)?(to make it unpack faster?)

Re: super simple filepacker - 02/18/08 11:38

yes, there is an alternative version of the compress function in the zlib dll which also allows to set the compression level. the standard one seems to be a good compromise between speed and compression though. is it too slow for you?

if you don't want compression you don't have to use the zlib dll at all.

Re: super simple filepacker - 02/19/08 08:03

ok, thanks i got it.

its

int compress2(byte *dest, long *destlen, const byte *source, long sourcelen, int level);

(same uncompression method used.)

level: must be between 0-9 or -1 (it returns -2 , if something other than 1-9 or -1 entered)

1 low compression-high speed , 9 high comp.-low speed, 0 no compression(just store), -1 default

i think the level -1 is same as the normal compress method that ventilator used.

Thank you for thar super simple packer.
Posted By: D3D

Re: super simple filepacker - 02/21/08 03:06

Another question. Are you just using the dll. I mean this dll isn't compiled with GameStudio plugin-sdk, but can call and use functions directly from Litec? Didn't realize it was possible although I think I saw the same with Newton?

Re: super simple filepacker - 02/21/08 11:29

yes, it's the official zlib dll. c-dlls can be used directly in lite-c.
Posted By: turkkanka

Re: super simple filepacker - 08/11/09 14:07

Thank You
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: super simple filepacker - 08/11/09 18:36

Why bumping an old thread??
NOTE FOR EVERYONE ELSE: This thread is 2 years old and outdated.

And BTW, turkkanka, you already have the Pro edition, so you don't need this.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: super simple filepacker - 11/07/09 23:58

well thanks for the bump because i needed this, lets hope it still works
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: super simple filepacker - 11/08/09 14:48

Originally Posted By: darkinferno
well thanks for the bump because i needed this, lets hope it still works
Yes, I'm still using it and it works.
Posted By: Zwiebli

Re: super simple filepacker - 06/29/11 11:40

The filepacker uses "size" to save the size of the file buffer which caused the engine to crash as it is also used by the enigne as var for the size of particles. so if you replace the long "size" by e.g. "bsize" it should work for A7. At least it didn`t cause any trouble any more when I replaced it..
Posted By: Widi

Re: super simple filepacker - 06/29/11 14:34

Hey, why you answer to this very old post?! (08.11.2009)
Posted By: Bastiuscha

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/08/15 12:38

Hey mates, do anyone still have this tool? Would be great...searching for hours...
Posted By: sivan

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/08/15 19:34

I think it's on one of my HDDs somewhere...

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/08/15 21:53

Pleeeeease find it for me! laugh would be great! I searched the web and all my hardisks (5 times....) o_O
Posted By: sivan

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 10:20

found not on my pc... maybe on the outer disk...
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 11:56

Here you go.

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 17:56

Thank you so much! But, it´s distressing me. That´s not the tool, i expected. So sorry. frown Know anybody the tool what i mean?
I explain:
You publish your project, and after this, you use the tool. You start the tool and choose the project folder,
after this, you have to choose the exe file and the last one is to choose a icon. then you have to press start. Ready...you become only a exe file.
I´dont remeber the toolname...i thought this here was it.

This is what i search for. Sry mates...my mistake

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 18:34

I don't know to much about this file packer beacuse i have pro and i never use this. But did you talking about 3dgs tool or some other 3rd software?
This what you explained sounds like MoleBox or Enigma Virtual Box, BoxedApp Packer,... there are really a lot packer on market, but it is not free. I've been here for a long time but i have not heard that there is too much 3dgs packers. I only know for one from "Lion Toys", but that was long, long time ago.

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 18:57

I think(not sure), this tool you can use with every programm. This tool is/was free. Packed all files in one exe.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 19:03

My mind comes up with the words "Virtual Box" - by oracle but I can't remember and the website is kind odd.

I is a free tool. But I'm not even sure this is what you want.

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 19:11

No, that was not the name. smirk
Posted By: sitrep

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 19:17

Is this what you need? to create 1 exe for your files for delivery to clients?

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 19:32

No, inno is a realy nice tool, but this tool, create´s a setup.exe file of your project. This is not the intention.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 19:50

Whatever you are looking for is older then the 5 year search limit. There was a packer like this for A6 maybe, but I thought it was not continued to A7-8

You could dig the AU site, might be there
http://au.conitec.net/
Posted By: Dico

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 20:01

i think he want like this tool BoxedApp Packer , this tool can pack everyting into a single portable game exe but its not free

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 22:03

Originally Posted By: Dico
i think he want like this tool BoxedApp Packer , this tool can pack everyting into a single portable game exe but its not free

Maybe this tool do the same, but it´s definitely not the name, of the tool, i used befor. I´m so sad, that i losted it. It was free and from only one private person. If i find, i leave you guy´s a message here!

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/09/15 23:35

This one is really old, from A5 days GTSPAcker, and will not work on newer windows.
Maybe you mean on 3DGSPurePacker?
I don't know did this packer will work on newer windows, but try and let us know wink . Just to know, if you want protect your files, stay away from this packer, it can be hacked in few second.

Good luck!

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/10/15 10:44

Originally Posted By: Iglarion
This one is really old, from A5 days GTSPAcker, and will not work on newer windows.
Maybe you mean on 3DGSPurePacker?
I don't know did this packer will work on newer windows, but try and let us know wink . Just to know, if you want protect your files, stay away from this packer, it can be hacked in few second.

Good luck!

The first tool, won´t start. But the second one works and do exactly what i want! The joke is...the guy from this tool i know! grin (not private) But this issn´t the tool i used earlyer. However, this tool works perfect! I´m so happy now. Much thanks all for your help. You Guy´s are fantastic!

And yes, i know how "good" is the protection. But it´s enough for my target people. =)
Posted By: FBL

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/11/15 11:14

You possibly mean Jacasi... Yacasi... or the like. But it had problems being detected as virus with various scanners...

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/11/15 12:52

Never heard this name. Google agree my opinion. ;D Jep, the virus problem i know... this is located in the nature of this tool. laugh

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/11/15 17:18

It was Nacasi... laugh

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/11/15 17:20

und hier hast du davon gehört: http://forum.3dgs-hobbyschmiede.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3931&pageNo=6

Re: super simple filepacker - 09/11/15 18:26

ROFL!!! Nacasi....thats it!!!!!
© 2024 lite-C Forums