just movement

Posted By: gamingfan101

just movement - 06/16/09 20:07

hey, Im trying to recreate the original mario game from nintendo, Im not sure how to ask this to get a easy answer, so im sorry about that. But 1, what code would i use to make mario move right when press right, or jump when i press up. and 2, what code would i use to make him move (all i want is mario to move, but he doesnt move his legs or anything) Im sorry for not making my questions very clear.
Posted By: croman

Re: just movement - 06/16/09 20:08

c_move and ent_animate?

Re: just movement - 06/16/09 20:10

how would u pair the right button to making mario go right? and how would i make mario come back down after he jumps?

Re: just movement - 06/16/09 20:17

Code:
while(1)
{
if(key_cur) //walk
{
c_move(me, moveVector, nullvector, GLIDE);
ent_animate(me, "walk", ANM_CYCLE);
}
if(key_space) //jump
{
c_move(me, moveVector, nullvector, GLIDE); //moveVector.z is for up/down movement 
ent_animate(me, "jump",...);
}
}

something like that. if you dont understand this, i suggest you learn lite-c first. you have workshop. after that try it on your own. search the manual
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: just movement - 06/17/09 09:12

Quote:
hey, Im trying to recreate the original mario game from nintendo,

You still want to do a re-make for a copyrighted game?? Don't even try.

Re: just movement - 06/17/09 09:14

he didnt say he'll sell it. maybe it's for practice/learning only and maybe his main character wont even be Mario...

Re: just movement - 06/18/09 13:48

yeah, i wasnt going to sell, its just im new to working with this program so i thought id start with something small.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: just movement - 06/18/09 14:47

you gonna make the 3d mario or you want to remake the 2d ones?
Posted By: Vadim647

Re: just movement - 06/18/09 14:56

normally people use gamemaker to create mario games (if you watch here, you'll see that this idea was picked up more than 1000 times...)

Re: just movement - 06/18/09 15:07

doesnt need gamemaker, as he said, its just so he can learn the (3dgs)acknex engine.. what i want to know is if he's trying to remake the side scroller or the 3d ones such as mario 64...

Re: just movement - 06/18/09 19:11

i guess the 2d side scroller one because all ive done with this program is create a few images with button or sliders, but i havnt created any type of game yet. and i dont have a clue where to start. I've looked through the workshops, but i only have lite-c (free version) so i dont have the WED, and after that workshop it just gets confusing.

Re: just movement - 06/18/09 19:23

well... download the trial, u'll get to play with wed if u avent already.. but making a 2d mario with the engine can be done, tho it probably would be easier with gamemaker... download the AUM magazines, those are your friends smile

Re: just movement - 06/18/09 19:28

yeah i did that earlier, when i tried one of the workshops for it, it said trial timed out. I didnt even have it for more than five minutes.

Re: just movement - 06/18/09 19:32

thats weird.. sure u didnt install it before and maybe not use it?

Re: just movement - 06/18/09 19:33

yeah, im 100 percent sure. I just started looking into it.

Re: just movement - 06/19/09 11:35

would the trial work if i have the free lite-c installed on my computer? I downloaded the program again, and i was able to open and run one program before it said the trial was timed out.
Posted By: boyax

Re: just movement - 06/19/09 12:14

As far as I know, Lite-C is free... for the A7 engine, there's a 30-day trial but when the trial ends, you must purchased a licensed one.. laugh

Re: just movement - 06/19/09 21:44

right, so having the free version installed shouldnt affect the trial, right?
© 2024 lite-C Forums