Limit of objects?

Posted By: Varen

Limit of objects? - 07/18/09 18:53

Does Lite-C have any limit of loading objects? When i compile the script with 204 objects, everythings ok, but when i make another object - no matter what - i get the startup failure error. It sees the errors even in completely right lines (and it didnt have any problem with compiling them before). Whats going on?
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: Limit of objects? - 07/18/09 19:53

Never heard about it. Can you tell us a bit more about your project?

Greets
Rackscha
Posted By: Widi

Re: Limit of objects? - 07/18/09 22:14

No, there is no limit.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Limit of objects? - 07/18/09 22:23

Maybe you're mistaken somehow?? The default limit is on terrains, but when using the chunked terrains, the limit will go flying up XD
Posted By: MichaelGale

Re: Limit of objects? - 07/19/09 02:21

Yes, there is limit. The number of objects you can create is limited by your available memory and the memory that is allocated by the engine (i.e. the nexus). Try increasing the nexus and see if it works. If it should work, you shouldn't leave it like that though. 205 objects should normally not require an increase of your nexus unless the objects you create consume way too much memory (e.g. entities with way too many polygons, etc.)

Re: Limit of objects? - 07/19/09 09:40

Its 2d game and most of the objects r images, so i dont think they r too big or something. The code cant be wrong as well, coz it works when i dont add anything. Example:
1) 196 objects (eg image_12, b_new etc) => compile => works
2) i add new objects
3) compile => STARTUP FAILURE! CANT LOAD b_new!
4) i delete b_new => compile => STARTUP FAILURE! CANT LOAD image_12!
5) i delete those new objects => compile => works!

WTH?
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Limit of objects? - 07/19/09 09:53

? I have made a 2D game, too. And I have no Problem, an I even have many, many Pictures. (PS: You can see it at: 2D Contest )
Posted By: Nidhogg

Re: Limit of objects? - 07/19/09 14:10

From the manual

max_entities
The maximum amount of entities in a level; must be set before loading of the level. The default value is nexus times 10.
Range:
0 .. unlimited (default: Nexus * 10)
Type:
var
Remarks:
Is to be set before level_load.
For every entity, around 1.5..2.5 KB memory is reserved from the nexus, dependent on its bones size.
Example:
max_entities = 1000; // allows up to 1000 Entities.
level_load("test.wmb");
wait(2);

Re: Limit of objects? - 07/20/09 15:03

i havent any levels here, its 2d game. And i dont think its problem with nexus or size of files
Posted By: Nidhogg

Re: Limit of objects? - 07/20/09 18:24

Well maybe it's a texture problem then.
© 2024 lite-C Forums