ent_decal

Posted By: draculaFactory

ent_decal - 07/31/10 19:58

Hi, I wanted to use ent_decal for creating tree shadows. When I use them on a terrain that is "multi textured" the decals do not show up correctly.

Re: ent_decal - 08/01/10 23:42

Ok, here it is visually:

These are the decals when there is no material assigned to the terrain, not that they really display correctly here either lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

These are the decals when the "mtl_terraintex" material is assigned to the terrain:

Posted By: Superku

Re: ent_decal - 08/02/10 00:49

Assign a default material to the decals (f.i. mat_model), so they do not get the multitexturing material.

Re: ent_decal - 08/02/10 11:20

Works great! Thanks a lot! grin

Re: ent_decal - 08/02/10 20:16

Alright,next question, how come the decals are cutting off the bottoms of the tree? They usually display fine until I rotated the camera, then the decals begin to cut off the trees.

Posted By: Superku

Re: ent_decal - 08/02/10 20:29

Try to set shadow_offset to a low value (f.i. 0.2), when this decals are SHADOWs.
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: ent_decal - 08/02/10 20:32

"draculaFactory
Warez kiddie"

Do I need to say more?

Re: ent_decal - 08/02/10 20:38

First of all, I am not a "warez kiddie", I first purchased gamestudio a6 in 2003 I believe, last year I upgraded it to a7, I have also been around for awhile. I resent that Rei.

Re: ent_decal - 08/02/10 20:40

Superku, it doens't seem to work :\ thanks for your help with the problem though.

Re: ent_decal - 08/02/10 21:44

I fixed it grin

The bottom of the tree, the trunk, is a 24-bit bitmap file (no alpha channel) and the top foliage is a 32-bit image with an alpha channel... Maybe it had something to do with the shader that I was using, either way I changed the trunk texture to a 32-bit image with a solid white alpha channel and it works fine. Thanks.

P.S. I pmed an administrator about the "warez kiddie" title, I don't know how they determine that one is a warez user, there is old information on my profile, and no matter what I do I can't seem to change most of it (such as update the stinking email address). I have currently have Gamestudio Commercial 7.85 / WED v6.944; also, I was actually wondering about the possible legal consequences of a company accusing legit customers of software piracy "willy-nilly", it seems to be a case of slander and liable.

Re: ent_decal - 08/03/10 17:48

P.S. Looks like I do own a legal copy after all grin Hey Rei_Ayanami, are you going to apologize. "Rei_Ayanami Egotistical Know-it-all", do I need to say more?
© 2024 lite-C Forums