DLL loads when published but not in SED ?

Posted By: darkinferno

DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/17/11 15:04

What could cause a dll to load when published but not when ran from SED ?

I'm trying to get FMOD working on A7
Posted By: TechMuc

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/17/11 15:18

the dll should be in the acknex_plugins folder, in your game folder, or in any folder defined via PRAGMA_PLUGIN.

When running from SED i would suggest you to put it into the acknex_plugins folder, this will work for 100% (ofc only if the dll itself loads correctly).
Posted By: 3run

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/17/11 15:43

TechMuc, it doesn't load for dark even if he place dll in acknex_plugins, but it works for me if I simply place dll in projects folder... this is really strange.

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/17/11 17:30

as 3run says, its in all folders, i tried pragma_plugin also, nothng works, but as soon as i compile and start with the exe... its fine

[EDIT]
btw, this is the fmod dll for A7
Posted By: TechMuc

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/17/11 17:40

most probably the loading of the dll fails.. do you have the source of the dll? if you try to debug into the DllMain method and check if it's called (if it is, at least the engine trys to load the dll wink ).

happy birthday btw

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/17/11 17:50

well no i dont, i think it was created by heelX who seems to no longer care much for maintaining it i guess but it works for 3run and other users, same GS version, soo.. i'm at a loss ...
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/17/11 18:54

If you have plugins in your acknex_plugins folder, those plugins will be loaded when starting through SED but not when starting the published .exe. So maybe another plugin makes problems in combination with the fmod.dll, a plugin that is only loaded when the engine is started through SED. But because this plugin isn't used it's not included to the published project and thus the fmod.dll works in this case.

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/17/11 19:58

removed all except the needed FMOD dlls and.... still failed, this is really strange though
Posted By: Quad

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/17/11 20:28

maybe you need to install a dependency. like vcredist. run dependency walker on the wrapper dll.

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/18/11 07:50

ok i did and this was the result:

link: http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss237/darkinferno360/Untitled.png
Posted By: Quad

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/18/11 08:01

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/18/11 08:25

note to self: picfront sucks
links fixed: http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss237/darkinferno360/Untitled.png

Re: DLL loads when published but not in SED ? - 08/18/11 16:24

any ideas ?
© 2024 lite-C Forums