uv shifting on one skin

Posted By: jenGs

uv shifting on one skin - 07/10/12 00:35

Hi,
Is it possible to shift only one subskin of an entity?
Is this even possiblie without using a shader?
And, if not, is there a shader out with easy uv shift, that shift'sonly one skin?

I have an entity with different skins mapped to different parts of the mesh. Now I want to shift only the, let say "water part" of the skin. my.uv only shifts all skins and not only "entskinx".

Patrick
Posted By: HeelX

Re: uv shifting on one skin - 07/10/12 06:12

Well, this is perfectly possible with different scenarios. You can do this in one shader (assuming that you mix all textures in there) or you load a shader into the skin in MED, which behaves differently than the standard shader for that model.

How are you shading your model?
Posted By: jenGs

Re: uv shifting on one skin - 07/10/12 10:46

For now there are three different mesh groups with 3 different skins + map with a standart model material assigned. Nothing special. I played arround with some shaders and assigned them via ent_mtlset. But whenever I did this, the whole model appereance changed. Some parts lost there alpha. Some parts where shaded in different colors. Only the skin set in ent_mtlset was not affected.

If I assign a shader to one skin via ent_mtlset, to which skin is entskin1 pointing?
Posted By: HeelX

Re: uv shifting on one skin - 07/10/12 19:40

Well, I didn't thought of using ent_mtlset, I thought of loading the fx file into the skin, but it should work with ent_mtlset, too.

Quote:
If I assign a shader to one skin via ent_mtlset, to which skin is entskin1 pointing?

To the skin, which you assigned. The next skin in the entity's skin list will be entSkin2 then, and so on.
© 2024 lite-C Forums