Center string of text on screen?

Posted By: xbox

Center string of text on screen? - 03/12/15 16:08

I can't for the life of me figure out how to center a string of text on a panel to the center of the screen.

I can easily "hard code" the position, but with people having different resolutions, that's clearly not the proper method.

I know how to properly center a bmap panel on screen using the screen_size.x but I can't seem to figure out how to center a string of text.

The best I can get is the left side of the text starting at the center of the screen.

I would think it would be a matter of getting the size in pixels of the string but I don't know how to do that. I'm using true type system fonts so unfortunately it's not like the characters are equally spaced.

I feel like I'm missing something so obvious and I don't know what it is. Any help?? Thanks in advance

EDIT: I've looked through the manual and couldn't find anything, and now, no sooner did I post this, I found what I needed, so dumb...
Posted By: Denn15

Re: Center string of text on screen? - 03/12/15 16:19

you can use the CENTER_X and CENTER_Y flags to make the text position be centered on the pos_x and pos_y position. then just set the pos_x and y to half the screen_size.
you can also find the width of the text using str_width and use that
© 2024 lite-C Forums