Suppressing Messages

Posted By: MatPed

Suppressing Messages - 11/16/19 14:51

Hi during testing and using dataparse functions, I receive dozens of the messages: parse.... as shown in the pic attached.
Is there any way to avoid this?

Thank You

Attached picture Immagine.png
Posted By: Spirit

Re: Suppressing Messages - 11/16/19 16:34

Looks as if you're parsing the same file again and again?

Re: Suppressing Messages - 11/16/19 16:36

yes, is what I am doing and the script works fine, but why the message?

Re: Suppressing Messages - 11/16/19 17:20

I don't know but maybe it can be controlled by setting Verbose very low, like 1 or 0?

Re: Suppressing Messages - 11/16/19 18:11

Ok, lets see if somebody has other ideas. I need higher verbose settings, but usually messages are printed in the log file. this is not...

Re: Suppressing Messages - 11/17/19 09:33

If you need high verbose settings, then why not set Verbose to normal before calling dataparse, and back to your high settings afterwards?

The more verbose, the more messages you get.

Re: Suppressing Messages - 11/18/19 09:34

That's an idea, I will give it a try to this workaround. On the other hand this is the only unexpected message received, others are printed only to the log file as it should be...
Posted By: jcl

Re: Suppressing Messages - 11/18/19 12:41

Some messages are also printed to the window when they normally appear only once. Parsing the same file multiple times is unusual, therefore the multiple messages.

Re: Suppressing Messages - 11/18/19 14:19

I parse the file several time because I use it as a container of all the phantom trades during test and trade and than parse it in order to retrieve only the proper Asset/algo Combination.
High level code structure is:
-once delete the old file
-every bar store the closed phantom trades in the file
-every bar check if signal and then parse the file for proper Algo/Asset combination and read the numbers to decide if trade or not. Here is the parse call.

Do you think that this is not the best way to do it?
Posted By: jcl

Re: Suppressing Messages - 11/19/19 10:12

Possibly not. If you write that file anyway, you can store the info in a dataset rather than in a CSV file, and then save and load the dataset directly.

Re: Suppressing Messages - 11/19/19 11:05

Ok I will try to improve the code in that direction. Thx
© 2024 lite-C Forums