StochRSI output

Posted By: 1ND1G0

StochRSI output - 01/29/22 19:20

I am probably using this incorrectly, but the output I am getting from the StochRSI indicator seems more extreme than what I am seeing using the same values on other platforms.

In Zorro I am calling it as follows:

vars Prices = series(priceClose());
vars RSI_ = series(RSI(Prices,14));
vars Stoch_RSI = series(StochRSI(RSI_,14,3,3,MAType_SMA));

plot("StochRSIFast",rFastK,NEW,BLUE);
plot("StochRSISlow",rFastD,0,BLACK);

So I have a 14 period RSI, and am using this as the input data for the StochRSI indicator, also with a 14 TimePeriod, with a fast K and D of 3. I am plotting the rFastK and rFastD values.

See attached output from the GBPUSD daily charts for a similar period on both Zorro and TradingView for comparison.

Attached picture TradingView_StochRSI.png
Attached picture Zorro_StochRSI.png
Posted By: Zheka

Re: StochRSI output - 01/29/22 20:12

Feed StochRSI() with Prices, rather than RSI_.
Posted By: 1ND1G0

Re: StochRSI output - 01/29/22 20:54

Thanks, Zheka.

I had tried that originally, but then thought I should create an RSI series for the relevant timeperiod I wanted to then feed into the Stoch....?

In any case, both Price and RSI look pretty much the same, and not what I'd expect.
Posted By: KahunaTrading

Re: StochRSI output - 07/06/22 13:39

Hi, did you ever solve your problem? I have a similar issue between the TradingView stochastic v the stochastic models offered via Lite-C. Is it possible to take the math from TradingView and create the indicator without using "built-in" stochastic models offered by Zorro? I believe the help in TradingView offers the equations.
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: StochRSI output - 07/06/22 14:11

Originally Posted by KahunaTrading
Is it possible to take the math from TradingView and create the indicator without using "built-in" stochastic models offered by Zorro?
Yes, you can write your own indicators. Read on:
https://zorro-project.com/manual/en/tutorial_lowpass.htm
https://financial-hacker.com/category/petra-on-programming/
Posted By: jcl

Re: StochRSI output - 07/06/22 14:30

As to my knowledge, tradingview uses the standard stoch formula. Nonstandard indicators had to be written by script. But this is normally trivial. The example in the tutorial is a particularly complex indicator.
© 2024 lite-C Forums