Plugin for IBFX

Posted By: Babalu4u

Plugin for IBFX - 10/30/12 01:19

Hi,

great tool...can I trade with IBFX?
Posted By: jcl

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/30/12 10:44

At the moment we have only a plugin for FXCM. Plugins can be written either by users, by brokers, or by us. Writing and testing a broker plugin requires about 1..2 weeks, so we can't spit them out like a machine gun. We'll write one when there is popular demand to support a certain broker, or of course when some broker pays us laugh.

So when many users want IBFX support, there's a good chance that we'll include an IBFX plugin in a future Zorro version.
Posted By: Remiiii

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/30/12 15:50

code a plugin for broker that allow cent account might be a good idea for test on live cent account your strategies : )

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/30/12 17:30

I have cent account and i want to test it live and I think a lot other traders will be happy for IBFX.....

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 07:38

I see that you plan to build MT4 Plugin when you plan to finish plugin? IBFX is also MT4 Broker and with cent account ideal for testing..... ;-)

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 07:45

An MT4 plugin is planned, unfortunately MT4 has some serious problems that put you at a disadvantage when you use it for trading. Trading a strategy with MT4 is not guaranteed to generate the same profits that you would get with other platforms or with a direct broker plugin. Slippage can be much higher with MT4 and stop losses triggered earlier.
Posted By: hughbriss

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 07:51

I'm sure that depends on the broker and slippage is not really a problem on daily chart strategies.
Posted By: PriNova

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 08:11

The best is: A MT$ Plugin opens doors to choose Brokers of your choice, with whatever Accountform and contractsizes. everyone has freedom to take the broker of own confidence.

So, if you need assistance in MT$ coding for plugin-interface or whatever feel free to ask. some will know me as Mediator @stevehopwood

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 08:37

I will vouch for anyone who has anything to do with Steve Hopwood. He has a vast body of work and all of the highest quality and integrity. This is a guy who codes ea's and will actually tell you not to walk away from the computer, it needs watching! He could have so easily just gone down the route of selling dodgy ea's to get rich quickers and made a mint but he chose to genuinly help people instead, enough said.

PriNova, I get my Zorro scripts coded into mt4 by a professional coder I have been using for ages. Although I think Zorro is outstanding for testing and tweaking strategies I'm yet to be convinced of it's robustness for live trading. Also if you want to run multiple systems you need multiple pc's. I will soon have 3 or 4 automated systems running on the same pc. Also I can shut the pc down during the day rather than having to leave it open 24 hours a day and I can use any broker I damn well pleasy.

It's a no brainer for the moment but I'm sure these Zorro blokes will improve things over time.

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 13:48

When you convert Zorro scripts to MT4, make sure that the MT4 version behaves absolutely identical - compare the backtest trade logs. I remember that some days ago you told about a difference in trade signals between MT4 and Zorro. A script that behaves different should not be traded with MT4.

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 14:08

Hi JCL, what happened was that I looked at the trade station platform and set up the charts. The system should have opened a trade and Zorro didn't open it. I've actually had an mt4 ea coded for a system I developed with Zorro and it was profitable on both so I'm happy that Zorro is useful to develop mt4 ea's. It's just that for me I'd prefer to run things on mt4 for the reasons stated above.

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 14:22

Yes, but that's exactly the problem. The false trade signal will also happen in real trading. It will then open a position where Zorro would not. This imposes an additional risk to your strategy.

If the MT4 backtest returned about the same profit as the Zorro backtest, it's probably ok - small differences can be caused by the slippage simulation. Still, a difference between testing and trading is always a potential danger. You should compare the signal values and the trade logs. There can be many simple reasons for such differences, but do not ignore them unless you know what's happening.

Even a profitable strategy gives you only a small edge. Any little mistake can take it away.

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 15:42

No, it was definitely a trade that should have been opened according to the rules of the strategy but it just didn't open.

What I am doing now is developing the strategies with Zorro, coding them into mt4 and then doing several back tests on different instruments and with different brokers. This I feel will be the closest thing I can do to be certain that I have a positive expectancy.

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 15:46

How do you know that your script should open a trade?

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 17:23

Because I had FXCM trade station open with the chart and it was obvious that a trade should have been opened according to the rules of the script that I was attempting to trade live.

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 17:48

Yes, I understood that already. But the obvious question is who knows better when to open a trade: the chart of your FXCM trading station, or your Zorro script?

I'm just trying to tell you that what you're doing is high risk. You're going to trade a strategy that behaves differently on different platforms, based on a script that did not open trades when it should, for a reason that you did not understand. This sounds like a recipe for disaster. 10% wrong trades can already turn a winning system into a losing one. If you can not find out why your script does not trade as it should, open a thread about it in the script forum, post the code, and you'll get help.

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 18:31

I thought Zorro was based on the FXCM TS feed? So one should follow the other. It didn't open the trade because there was something wrong with the Zorro platform, not the script/system.

I fully intend to back test everything thoroughly before I trade live so it is no problem. If something doesn't back test right on mt4 then I will not be trading it live. In most occasions I have found that a profitable system produced with the help of Zorro trades well with mt4 as well, which is encouraging.

When Zorro is more robust for trading I will probably make the switch.

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 18:45

Only your script determines when to trade, not the feed or a "Zorro robustness". But anyway, I can do not more than offer my help - after all, it's your money wink.

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 10/31/12 20:40

Ok so what happens when you know that your script should have taken a trade and it doesn't?

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 11/01/12 08:50

Then you find out why, in a systematic debugging process.

Programmers do that all the time. Beginners are not used to it, so it's difficult to them. That's why I suggested that you post your problem in a separate thread, and I'll help finding the reason, step by step. This way other users also can learn from it. You're not alone: anyone writing scripts will encounter such problems sooner or later.
Posted By: tallcoolone

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 11/05/12 16:55

I would very much love to see a plugin for IBFX also. I use their penny accounts and would love see what Z1 or Z2 could do on that account. Plus I have a couple of strategies i would love to test with Zorro as I do not trust strategy tester in MT4. Thanks for all your efforts. TCO
Posted By: Carioca

Re: Plugin for IBFX - 12/01/12 22:52

In my case a plugin IBFX would be necessary, because I'm Brazilian and Brazilians can not currently open real accounts at FXCM.

Carioca
© 2024 lite-C Forums