Any way to adjust FXCM demo capital?

Posted By: dusktrader

Any way to adjust FXCM demo capital? - 10/16/13 15:34

Does anyone know if there is a way to start or adjust the amount of capital in an FXCM demo account?

It started with $50k but I prefer to use a more realistic starting capital to match my reality.

Thx
Posted By: DdlV

Re: Any way to adjust FXCM demo capital? - 10/16/13 16:13

I haven't found a way. frown

Zorro's Capital variable doesn't do what you want?

If not, since it's funny money, you could manually enter a few big trades & close them when you've lost enough! laugh Just like real trading! grin
Posted By: dusktrader

Re: Any way to adjust FXCM demo capital? - 10/16/13 17:07

Zorro's Capital variable does work, but only for simulations. I'm talking about live forward testing in the demo account. I don't think I can override the actual demo account Balance (can I?)

It's not a huge deal... just a psychological one really. I like to see how sick to my stomach I'll get using a realistic Capital in the account, rather than just "funny money" lol
Posted By: Jason_Rogers

Re: Any way to adjust FXCM demo capital? - 10/17/13 22:45

Hi DT,

If you're using a Trading Station demo, then our tech support team can customize the balance for you. Just email them at techsupport {at} fxcm {dot} com with along with your demo login details.

If you're using the FXCM MT4 platform, then you can actually set the balance for yourself by going to File > Open an Account and completing the demo registration form on the platform itself.

Jason
Posted By: TMM

Re: Any way to adjust FXCM demo capital? - 11/08/13 10:59

I have setup a demo of 50k on fx pro however when Z12 trades it only trades small amounts ie .02 lots I cant remeber want acocunt factor i used (Set up 12 months) could this impact that the script does ie not looks att he account balance.
© 2024 lite-C Forums