BrokerPatch = 3

Posted By: Meini

BrokerPatch = 3 - 02/08/18 08:54

Hi all,
has anyone found that BrokerPatch set to 3 still does not fix the incorrect equity value with FXCM? Here is what I did. I put the patch in Zorro.ini and restarted Zorro, resuming my current trades (demo account). Initially the equity was correct after restart, but kept drifting off again quite substantially.
Am I doing something wrong or does the patch not work anymore?
Any input would be appreciated.
Cheers
Posted By: jcl

Re: BrokerPatch = 3 - 02/08/18 09:54

It is probably not your, but the patch's fault.

The patch calculates trade returns and equity on the Zorro side. Inevitably there will be tiny differences due to slippage, which sum up over time. So after some time the equity by the patch will also deviate, but not as bad as the equity from the FXCM API.

Re: BrokerPatch = 3 - 02/14/18 07:42

Thanks jcl. I am not sure what's wrong, but on an FXCM demo account I have currently a discrepancy between FXCM and Zorro, they are reporting an equity of $3920 vs $5686 respectively. And that is about a week after restarting Zorro with the Z12 system. The initial amounts where identical though. It appears to be more prevalent when there are a number of winning trades rather than with losers. (This is with BrokerPatch = 3 in the Zorro.ini file). Looks more than just slippage to me.
Posted By: jcl

Re: BrokerPatch = 3 - 02/14/18 08:16

You must enter BrokerPatch = 3 in Z.ini, not in Zorro.ini.

Re: BrokerPatch = 3 - 02/15/18 07:50

oops ... thanks buddy!
© 2024 lite-C Forums