Zorro Z12 and IG

Posted By: dh85

Zorro Z12 and IG - 07/31/19 15:17

Dear All,

Is anyone trading Zorro's Z12 strategy with broker IG?

I'm asking as something seems to be wrong with the asset parameters provided by the broker API for XAG/USD (CS.D.CFDSILVER.CFM.IP).

During the backtest I can see lots of errors like below rerported in the Zorro log:

Error 010: Invalid XAG/USD Stop: 32.04 Price: 15.94

I suspect that this has something to do with the fact that IG quotes the silver CFD in cents rather than dollars, but I'm not sure.

I have already contacted Zorro support and the author of the IG broker plugin, but unfortunately couldn't solve the problem, yet.

Regards,
Daniel
Posted By: jcl

Re: Zorro Z12 and IG - 07/31/19 16:17

Check the asset list. When you have a 100 times higher price, some parameters must be multiplied with 100, for instance the pip size. You also need historical data in cents.
Posted By: dh85

Re: Zorro Z12 and IG - 08/01/19 05:43

Thanks jcl. I guess the market data might be an issue here. I use historic market data from FXCM and run Z12 with PRELOAD flag and broker IG as their API is so restricted on getting historic price data. So for assets that are quoted differently, like silver, that‘s not a good fit. However, I suspect the backtest should be running fine once I multiply PipCost with 100 as suggested.
Posted By: Dalla

Re: Zorro Z12 and IG - 08/06/19 18:33

As I've said in our DMs, I'm not sure what the issue is. I've live traded with the plugin for two years and I never came across this issue, nor did I hear anyone else mention it.
I've been in contact with IG support, but unfortunately I find them to be utterly useless for lack of a better word... It doesn't look like they will be much help.
© 2024 lite-C Forums