Alpaca: New Data Plan v2 breaks things?

Posted By: DdlV

Alpaca: New Data Plan v2 breaks things? - 03/05/21 20:13

@kzhao,

It seems for the last week the Alpaca plugin is broken. I have tried the latest version 0.2.6, but no matter what symbol I use (paper trading, of course laugh ) no prices get returned & Zorro gives errors. Has their new Data Plan v2 broken things? I'm using Basic data...

Or is their implementation of v2 a mess and we have to wait for them to fix?

Thanks.
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: Alpaca: New Data Plan v2 breaks things? - 03/05/21 20:15

I heard they dropped free data altogether and now you have to pay monthly fees. EDIT: I stand corrected.

I recommend Tradier and IB.

Re: Alpaca: New Data Plan v2 breaks things? - 03/05/21 22:48

Thanks AndrewAMD.

No, they still provide free IEX data as their Basic plan.

Polygon data for live accounts is now only available via subscription with Polygon, at Polygon's rates.

IEX data still shows in the web interface, but doesn't seem to be coming through the API/plugin...
Posted By: kzhao

Re: Alpaca: New Data Plan v2 breaks things? - 03/08/21 00:21

I'm working on Alpaca V2 support. It is almost ready. The V1 endpoint is still working.

Re: Alpaca: New Data Plan v2 breaks things? - 03/08/21 00:24

@DdIV

If you have Polygon none-base plan, you can use Polygon data by using <AlpacaApiKey>_<PolygonApiKey> in the user input.

Re: Alpaca: New Data Plan v2 breaks things? - 03/08/21 02:22

Thanks @kzhao.

I was using the Polygon data via the user input described. With Alpaca's change, I figured I'd try the Basic IEX data and see if it's good enough...

Over the weekend, I've searched Alpaca's forum & seen a few posts of users complaining that all the data coming over the API now is messed up since their changeover. Presumably they're working to resolve...

Regards, & thanks!

Re: Alpaca: New Data Plan v2 breaks things? - 03/08/21 03:15

Yeah, Alpaca's environment is not very stable since the changeover. Hopefully, they are solved the problem during the weeken.
© 2024 lite-C Forums