IQFeed - "No prices"

Posted By: TalonTrades

IQFeed - "No prices" - 07/14/21 01:22

I'm a new Zorro user trying to connect with the IQFeed plugin.

- My IQFeed connect app is running and connected; I confirmed it works by loading up AAPL charts with the IQFeed apps.
- I created a row in Accounts.csv with my login and password per the documentation
- I created a row for AAPL in the AssetIQF.csv file (Which is references in the related Accounts.csv row
- It recognizes the account and asset file when I open Zorro (The dropdowns default to them)

When I test the strategy however, I get: Error 055: No AAPL prices

IQFeed assigns a "Product ID" along with a login and password, but the Zorro documentation only addresses the login and password. I'm wondering if the documentation is not correct.

Has anyone got IQFeed working with Zorro? If so, please share any thoughts where I may be going wrong.

Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: IQFeed - "No prices" - 07/14/21 01:55

Developers with Developer Accounts have a Product ID, so that field is supplied by your broker plug-in and not you.

What does your asset list look like? Can you paste it here?

You can also email oP Group support for troubleshooting.

Re: IQFeed - "No prices" - 07/14/21 02:04

Hey thanks for the reply! I'm following a tutorial to confirm everything is working. I've attached a screenshot with that script and my account and asset csv files.

I copied the E-Mini S&P Futures and AAPL rows from the IB asset example, but changed the symbols to what is used with IQFeed.

Attached picture zorro-iqfeed2.png

Re: IQFeed - "No prices" - 07/14/21 02:49

The Test button does not use the broker plugin. Only the Trade button does.

Use the Download script to download historical data for later backtest use.

Use the TradeTest script to test your broker plugin.

Re: IQFeed - "No prices" - 07/14/21 04:20

Thank you, I misunderstood what I should have been doing.

Ok so now when I select Download, it outputs the following message:

Download compiling....
Login 0 IQFeed..
!Oops. Did you forget Install IQFeed?
!Make sure you installed more than just the developer package.
!Process launch failure!
Can't connect!

My IQFeed Connection Manager is running and works with the IQFeed charting app. There's only one package IQFeed offers so I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct IQFeed app.

Based on my configuration in the last post, should download work?
Posted By: jcl

Re: IQFeed - "No prices" - 07/14/21 07:41

There are several packages, but the correct one is the "IQFeed Client" release version. Make sure that you installed it.

Re: IQFeed - "No prices" - 07/14/21 13:08

I confirmed this is what I'm running. I downloaded it here: http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=support&section=download

I've attached a screenshot of it running. It shows 0 "Clients connected" right now, and when I try to run Zorro. When I load the other IQFeed apps, like the charting app, it will show a couple connections when it runs.

Attached picture iqfeed-client.png

Re: IQFeed - "No prices" - 07/14/21 13:37

Close IQFeed. The plugin will launch the IQFeed client for you.

Also, you installed the beta IQFeed Client. If the above does not work, uninstall your client and reinstall version 6.1.0.20.

Re: IQFeed - "No prices" - 07/14/21 14:49

That was it! The beta version was causing the issue. I forget why I had that one installed. Thank you!
© 2024 lite-C Forums