Sierra Chart Futures

Posted By: Quant2

Sierra Chart Futures - 01/26/23 09:44

Hello,

I'm currently testing Zorro with Sierra Chart (through the SC plugin SC plugin) as a boiler plate to my broker. I'm trying to get futures prices like DAX and ES but I'm getting this error message: «Market Data Request Not Allowed". After some research, I found on the SC website that the DTC protocol is not allowing data connection from the CME, NYSE and EUREX. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks.
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: Sierra Chart Futures - 01/26/23 14:34

Yes.

ACSIL has access to all of the data that is locked out from the DTC server. One can develop an ACSIL script which hosts its own REST API. Then a Zorro script with a can data from the REST API. I've done it for a client, it works.
Posted By: Quant2

Re: Sierra Chart Futures - 01/26/23 15:20

Thank you Andrew for the answer and for the great job on the SC plugin for Zorro!
Posted By: Logis

Re: Sierra Chart Futures - 06/24/23 11:29

Originally Posted by AndrewAMD
Yes.

ACSIL has access to all of the data that is locked out from the DTC server. One can develop an ACSIL script which hosts its own REST API. Then a Zorro script with a can data from the REST API. I've done it for a client, it works.

Does this add any latency? Did you measure?

Re: Sierra Chart Futures - 06/24/23 15:13

Everything adds latency. Of course an ACSIL script will necessarily add latency because you add another intermediary. I did not measure it.

How much latency can you tolerate? 100ns? 1ms? 10ms? 100ms? 1s?
Posted By: Logis

Re: Sierra Chart Futures - 06/25/23 13:52

good question. don't know.
can i backtest with Zorro with different latency?

Re: Sierra Chart Futures - 06/25/23 21:23

For backtesting, latency is irrelevant.

In Zorro, you download a copy of historical data to your PC for backtesting. Thus, backtesting is very fast because it does not require an internet connection after you download the data.
© 2024 lite-C Forums