Integration to SierraChart DTC server

Posted By: Zheka

Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/06/17 16:15

Hi, Jcl,

I think it would be a great idea to integrate Zorro with SierraChart (SC).

SC is a very lightweight,fast and well engineered application, has very robust integration to nearly all key brokers and datafeeds (including their own) and can also work as a data/oms server - a single point gateway to all of them.

http://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/SupportedDataAndTradingServices.php

http://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/Contents.php#ExternalInterfaces

This can be easily achieved via SC's DTC protocol - an improvement on FIX. It is very well documented and well supported by SC.
http://www.dtcprotocol.org/#DTCProjects
https://github.com/DTC-protocol/DTC

Combining all the great scripting and analytical capabilities of Zorro with robust access to data and brokers would be a superb combination, and would likely multiply Zorro's user base 10+x.
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/06/17 17:00

You appear to be knowledgeable on how this plugin can be implemented. Did you know that you can get a free Zorro S license if you write the plugin yourself and share it with the community?

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/06/17 18:14

I unfortunately do not have first-hand experience writing something like this.
It would take me a lot of time, which I would rather spend on creating systems and getting them to production.

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/09/17 09:30

Jcl,

what are your thoughts?
Posted By: jcl

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/09/17 10:04

It sounds like a good idea, but I have to look into SierraCharts in detail.

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/09/17 10:17

Great!
their FXCM integration is via FIX; Currenex is also available (but not in the public list).

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/10/17 21:41

This project is interesting to me for several reasons. I might actually just write it myself.

Let me get my hands dirty, and I'll let you know if I have any updates in the next couple of weeks.

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/11/17 12:51

This would be great indeed.
I would do a QA then!

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/17/17 02:32

jcl,

This plugin would require a TCP socket. Actually, two sockets, since it’s one for history and one for everything else (I would have to log in separately just to get history ticks).

In you and your company’s experience, is it sufficient to write such a plugin as a blocking client, or is it better to implement asynchronous single threaded or asynchronous multithreaded?

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/17/17 02:42

Oh, I suppose it would be easier to write them as two separate plugins anyways, now that Zorro will have the multi-plugin feature.

Sierra Chart Trade and Sierra Chart History, I suppose I can call them.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/17/17 08:39

I think a blocking client is ok, but use some internal counter to make sure that the blocking time is limited.

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/17/17 10:34

That makes sense. I'll add a timeout feature.

Side note: I do need heartbeats on the main server. History is different - you log in, get ticks, log out.

I’ll start with blocking and see if it runs smoothly enough. Thanks.

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/23/17 00:45

OK, it's not nothing. I'll have a beer now.

Attached picture Capture.JPG

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 10/23/17 14:37

Cool:-)

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 04/03/18 11:24

Just an update - although DTC protocol supports options, Sierra Chart's DTC server does not sufficiently support options - nor do the developers plan on adding support for DTC options. You can manually punch in an options Asset and trade it, but you cannot get a list of options securities by an underlying (message response: "not supported").

Sierra Chart's developers will soon add the ability to get futures contracts by underlying, so at least we will be able to trade futures.

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 04/03/18 11:49

Ughh!

I hope it is possible to retrieve an option's price, send an order,etc for a correctly formed option's symbol string?

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 04/03/18 11:52

Yes. I suppose one thing you can do is develop your own options asset name string generator, and check if the asset exists by attempting to subscribe to it. Some trial and error may be required.

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 04/14/18 20:52

This project is on hold until Sierra Chart implements listing futures symbols by underlying.

(Per my request, it is on their to-do list.)

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 07/09/18 19:31

This project is back on. But it is still impossible to use GET_FUTURES or GET_OPTIONS.

I will provide a workaround that lets a user directly check for the definition of any given symbol.

Most importantly, it will support SET_HWND, so market messages will update Zorro upon arrival.

Re: Integration to SierraChart DTC server - 09/19/18 18:18

The beta and the latest build is here:

https://github.com/AndrewAMD/SierraChartZorroPlugin

Formal announcement to follow in a separate thread.

Thanks,
Andrew
© 2024 lite-C Forums