Suggestion for Future Updates - Complex Order System

Posted By: ChrisCZZZ

Suggestion for Future Updates - Complex Order System - 11/21/18 23:00

Hi,

I think it would be really nice to have a set of functions that could do complex orders.

eg. a limit buy combined with a stop loss order 2 points below the limit buy price, or a limit stop order where trading on potential break outs becomes more effective.

Currently Zorro's trade management algo uses market order - which is quite ineffective to implement a day-trading strategy where good price execution and usage of limit orders play huge roles in managing trades and risks....

Would be really nice to have functions to submit these types of orders to brokers.
Posted By: Seymour

Re: Suggestion for Future Updates - Complex Order System - 11/22/18 04:25

If you search in the manual for "enterLong" or "enterShort", I believe these functions have parameters to meet your needs.
Posted By: Dalla

Re: Suggestion for Future Updates - Complex Order System - 11/22/18 04:49

Zorro supports limit orders as well # but it requires that support exists in the broker plugin as well
Posted By: ChrisCZZZ

Re: Suggestion for Future Updates - Complex Order System - 11/22/18 08:45

I’m using IB as my broker, I know how to submit a limit buy/sell entry order. But could you give me an example of how to submit a limit stop order please? Appreciate your help. I read through the manual and know there is a set limit command but not sure how to use it...
© 2024 lite-C Forums