New Zorro version 2.03

Posted By: jcl

New Zorro version 2.03 - 02/15/19 08:30

A new Zorro version is available:

http://opserver.de/down/Zorro_203.exe

This version will become the official release when no bugs are found in the next time. Zorro 2.03 has a new user interface and supports option combos, new functions for options trading and broker arbitrage, new indicators, and a mode for directly displaying charts. The full list of new features can be found on http://manual.zorro-project.com/new.htm. Please note that Zorro S permanent licenses older than 2 years need an update extension for updating to Zorro 2.03.

Please test everything and report any problems here!

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 02/19/19 10:37

New version 2.03.2:

Index EOD data, f.i. VIX, can now be downloaded from IB. The missing EUR/USD 2019 history was added.
Posted By: 3dgamelight

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 02/21/19 17:43

Even after version 2.0 I got a Capital required that seems too low to me. Even a multiple of it won't allow a Test without a negative balance. I do not understand why to divide by the ratio of initial and final balance, if the maximum drawdown is normalized anyway. Or it is just a punishment for those that not read the manual and use Monte Carlo?

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 02/21/19 19:57

No, in trading all punishment is monetarily. - Please use this thread for issues with the new version only, not for general questions. Thank you.
Posted By: laz

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 02/22/19 01:03

After installing Zorro-203 in a new Folder called "Zorro203" I'm not able to use notepad++.exe anymore. It opens, shows an Error Message for very short time and closes.

The same happens now for my notepad++.exe in my old Zorro (v196) folder called "Zorro".

But! After uninstalling Zorro203 everything works again, i can open notepad++.exe of v196, problem gone...

Fedora28, Wine4.0

Maybe the Error Message from terminal can help you?

Output from notepad++.exe from Zorro203:

Quote:
wine notepad++.exe
01f3:fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x130566), partial stub!
01f3:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0xd0300, 0xf863a8): stub
01f3:fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
01f3:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 0x130566 4a 1 (nil)
01f3:err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 10 addr 0x81760a80

Zorro 2.03.2 does the same...

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 02/22/19 07:28

If I understood this right, Notepad++ does not start under Wine anymore when it is installed in 2 different folders. We'll forward this to the N++ developers, maybe they have an idea. Until then, have only one Zorro folder under Wine.

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 02/23/19 08:09

New version 2.03.3:

The advise(NEURAL) bug reported on the forum was fixed.
Posted By: laz

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 02/23/19 19:38

Ok thank you jcl, nice to know (notepad).

Which "advise(NEURAL) bug" do you mean?

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/04/19 10:09

The bug with exceeding the signal array length. - Since no further bugs were found, Zorro 2.03.4 was now released and is available on the Download page or at this link:

http://opserver.de/down/Zorro_setup.exe

Addendum: A bug with the quit() function was also fixed in 2.03.4.
Posted By: Brax

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/06/19 15:08

Something odd is happening to me in the new version.

I train and test a strategy and i click result button, then chart is displayed in viewer and all associated files are generated in the Log folder (strategy.txt, strategy_train.log, strategy_test.log, etc).

Then Notepad++ tries to open these files, but it starts to pop up messages saying it cannot create the previous files in weird locations (see attached).

I have tested it with the included notepad++ and with my personal one but in both cases it complains.

I have both Zorro free 2.03.4 and Notepad++ installed under "Program Files (x86)" and never had a problem with this configuration.

No idea what is happening...

Attached picture notepad_zorro.png

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/06/19 16:00

There is a strange double (x86) in your path. And better stay away from the "program files" folder. Logs cannot be stored under program files, nor can you edit strategies there. Unless you know exactly what you're doing and why, better do not change the default installation path.
Posted By: Grant

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/10/19 16:08

I experience the same path problem, since I always install programs and documents in different partitions for performance reasons (file fragmentation). However, this issue doesn't bother me, since I always import the testtrades.csv content in a spreadsheet with custom metrics to evaluate the given model.

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/12/19 20:11

I have the same approach as Grant, having all my programs and binaries at C: and all my documents and other stuff at D:.

I have always installed Zorro under "Program Files" without any issues related to editing because i have all folders like Data, Log, History, include and Strategy with a simbolic link pointing to D: folders.

If i select "Edit Zorro.ini" in the action scrollbox, Notepad++ pop ups a message saying the file doesn´t exist and if i want to create it, and it displays the correct path.

However when training/testing and trying to open related files at the end, this error happens.

I know this is not and end of the world bug, but seems that maybe there is something wrong in this process or maybe Zorro is assuming a hardcoded path pointing to C:\Zorro or whatever.

¿Could this have a brief look?

Thank you.

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/12/19 21:08

Well, i have uninstalled Zorro 2.03.4 and installed the 1.96.4 version that is in the website download section, and to my surprise the same error appears...

This has never happened to me before when i was installing previous releases.

¿Was that binary recently modified or just copied and renamed?

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/12/19 22:06

I confirm this problem, but it is unrelated to Zorro 2.03. I cannot edit program files folder content either without disabling the UAC.

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/14/19 14:34

¿Is there a way to disable the automatic edition of Zorro when i click on Result, so this popup thing doesn´t disturb me?

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/14/19 17:10

The only way I could think of is changing the editor path in Zorro.ini to a program that does not pop up.

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/14/19 21:00

Originally Posted By: jcl
The only way I could think of is changing the editor path in Zorro.ini to a program that does not pop up.

Yes, this works. I´ve come up with an alternative for those who want to continue using Notepad++ and Zorro under program files.

Just create a symbolic link in C:Zorro pointing to C:Program Files (X86)Zorro.

You can even point all data/log folders to D:

Problem solved.

Thanks.
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/14/19 21:16

You can also use the 8.3 filename format, so that there are no spaces. Maybe it can work, depending on the installer.

Code:
> c:
> cd 
> dir /x

03/14/2019  08:23 AM    <DIR>          PROGRA~1     Program Files
03/06/2019  12:41 PM    <DIR>          PROGRA~2     Program Files (x86)

Re: New Zorro version 2.03 - 03/18/19 10:20

8.3 filename format does not really work. The symbolic link works better.

Thank you.
© 2024 lite-C Forums