How can i do a Zorro update keeping the trade status?

Posted By: mcteilchen

How can i do a Zorro update keeping the trade status? - 12/28/17 07:53

Hi to all,

i have system Z12 currently trading with Zorro 1.66 and want to update to the newest Zorro version.

I want to keep the current status (trades, parameters, ...) alive and want to transfer them to the new zorro version.

What are the steps to do the updte? ThanX in advance!

Best regards,

A.
Posted By: mcteilchen

Re: How can i do a Zorro update keeping the trade status? - 12/28/17 08:06

... I just found it in the manual!

Sorry for making noise wink

A.
Posted By: Hredot

Re: How can i do a Zorro update keeping the trade status? - 12/28/17 08:09

I don't want to discourage you from making an update, but the thought of all the things that might go wrong makes me point out the following:

- "Never change a working system" is great wisdom in general. If your setup currently works to your satisfaction, there is little reason to run the risk of screwing it up.

- As far as I know, Z12 did not receive any updates since 1.66. Are you sure there is some great functionality in the new version which would be useful to you?

- Every now and then I see posts about bugs introduced in new Zorro versions (or bugs that had been fixed before, but came back in the new version). Do you want to run the risk of discovering / or rediscovering a bug with Z12?

So in conclusion, if I were you, the only thing that could ever get me to change a setup would be a game changing new feature in the new Zorro version, which I absolutely must have. Otherwise, you bet I would not touch a working system!

Sorry for the rant. laugh Just my two cents.
Posted By: jcl

Re: How can i do a Zorro update keeping the trade status? - 12/28/17 11:31

It is possible, but not recommended to skip versions. If you trade Z systems, you should definitely update or you risk an expiration of old systems. If you don't use Z systems, you should also update, for stability reasons. Any update of any software contains bug fixes as well as new bugs. But the new bugs normally only affect the new features, while the fixes affect bugs in old features of the version you're already using. So you're always better off with an update.
Posted By: Meini

Re: How can i do a Zorro update keeping the trade status? - 02/03/18 00:23

Mcteilchen: Would you mind sharing your discovery with the rest of us?
Posted By: Fiber

Re: How can i do a Zorro update keeping the trade status? - 02/03/18 11:09

http://zorro-project.com/manual/en/trading.htm
Chapter "Stopping and resuming a live trading system"
Posted By: jyd

Re: How can i do a Zorro update keeping the trade status? - 02/05/18 00:59

Does anyone know how to auto set the capital value without manually drag it to the desired value when Z12 starts up?

Thanks
© 2024 lite-C Forums