AssetVars in Asset Lists

Posted By: Sphin

AssetVars in Asset Lists - 02/13/18 20:07

From the manual AssetVars can be entered in the asset list behind the Symbol column but how to access them? Let me say an asset list looks like:
Code:
..., Commission, Symbol, TOCom
..., 0, BTC/USD, 0.0026

Do I find the value 0.0026 automatically in AssetVar[0] independent from the column's name "TOCom" (so it's better not to use AssetVar[0] otherwise in the script) or is there another way?

Thanks, Sphin
Posted By: Hredot

Re: AssetVars in Asset Lists - 02/14/18 02:17

Hi Sphin,

Once you call

asset(Assets[i]);

where i=0,1,2,3,... labels the assets in the AssetList.csv that you loaded, AssetVar[0] will refer to your TOCom value in the i-th row.
Yes, the row with the names does not interfere with the values. The first row (i==0) refers to the first actual asset row in your list.

Re: AssetVars in Asset Lists - 02/16/18 17:09

Thanks. You mean if I call asset("BTCUSD") than AssetVar[0] has the value from the column TOCom of the row beginning with "BTCUSD" from the loaded asset list? Then I understood. laugh

Re: AssetVars in Asset Lists - 02/16/18 17:16

Yep, exactly!
At least, that is how it worked in the DualMomentum code I played around with.
I don't know if you actually want to hard code "BTCUSD" string or similar though... Code might be more powerful if you access the different assets by using "Assets[i]". Then you can switch out the asset list and test the system on different ones without changing any lines in the code. laugh Like, if tomorrow you decide to trade a different crypto than BTC for example.

Re: AssetVars in Asset Lists - 02/17/18 18:13

This I think about as a maybe last step of optimizing in a completed code. But during development I like more using names of assets because pointing at them through an array means to add a potential point of failure in - and I know myself - choosing the wrong one and later wondering about issues.

Re: AssetVars in Asset Lists - 02/18/18 01:50

I see, yeah, makes sense!
© 2024 lite-C Forums