Why is Zorro not better known?

Posted By: gamadeus

Why is Zorro not better known? - 11/29/18 18:04

This might be a strange question, but why is Zorro so unknown?

I only happened to stumble upon it by chance recently and I am amazed at what it can do.
It basically addresses all of the gaps that other more common trading software like MT are having, e.g. the possibility for meaningful backtests, parameter optimization and statistical analysis, not to mention a much more elegant and practical syntax.

So why is not everybody using Zorro?
Or are they and just nobody has told me yet? laugh
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 11/29/18 18:10

I can only speculate why, but I think it might have to do with humans being attracted to shiny objects wink

Spread the word.
Posted By: Dalla

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 11/29/18 19:11

I couldnīt agree more.
I was thinking about this the other day, and honestly the Zorro site looks like something from the late ninties ;-)

Another problem is that by just reading the landing page, you see text like
"The idea behind this software is simple: Let some wily machine redistribute money from the rich to the poor." This makes it sound like the whole thing is a scam. I know I for one turned away the first time I came to this site. Some 6 months later I gave it a try and realized that behind all the buzz words itīs a pretty solid platform :-)
Posted By: MatPed

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 11/29/18 19:49

I share Dalla's points, Zorro is for hardcore systematic traders. Is the only software I have seen in my life where the tutorial have been shrinked and moved to a book.
I haven't seen any marketing improvements in years.

On the other hands is damn good piece of software!

Ciao
Posted By: 3dgamelight

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 11/30/18 13:05

Populism sounds good as any advantage could be used to make someone feel guilty. However giving very much money with no work could be a disaster. As money will be given at random or equally, but not to what is actually needed to improve society.

We can't forget that primary impulses have somewhat a sadomasochist character. Many humans are simple distortion of primary impulses and have sadism as their biggest satisfaction. This is not always very noticeable as they mechanically try to bypass inhibitions.

The point is if Zorro not become known to more than it's target audience, what may be harmful.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 11/30/18 16:33

Interesting, we're just having the same discussion here. So far we didn't care much about popularity, since we had been paid anyway. But meanwhile we think we should indeed make Zorro a bit better known. Or at least do a new website.
Posted By: tradingest

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 11/30/18 22:04

Originally Posted By: jcl
Interesting, we're just having the same discussion here. So far we didn't care much about popularity because we had been paid anyway. But meanwhile we think we should make Zorro a bit better known. Or should at least do a new website.

I worked with different platform:

Tradestatio
Multicharts
MT4/MT5

but Zorro is the best

The approach is different but no much more...

Posted By: OptimusPrime

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/01/18 08:12

Well, I wish I had found Zorro sooner (it would have come in handy in 2014 to be precise) but better late than never. I just bought my S version so I hope we get some secret advantage time before everyone in the world knows about this gem.

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/03/18 15:18

jcl,

I have to say - nice website!

Though I'm not sure why "About Us" and "Development Service" go to the same page.

Also, the "Features" link on the left side of the forum goes to the old website.

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/03/18 15:33

If software is like sex, as jcl says, then oP group is a prostitution company?

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/03/18 15:50

I haven't said that. That was Linus Torvalds. - Thanks for the link info - please post when you find any more issues. The Development and About pages are identical since we could not yet think of enough text to fill two pages.

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/03/18 16:47

Why should software be better when it is free?
Posted By: Petra

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/03/18 17:00

Probably because it saves money.

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/03/18 17:08

"Contrary to popular belief, money is no material good. It is created out of nothing by banks lending it. "

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/03/18 19:15

jcl,

The site looks good on a desktop, but it is barely readable on a mobile device.
Posted By: Brax

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/04/18 09:28

Nice website! Much more professional and marketable. Now you only need a https connection and a new forum update.

One suggestion: Include a RSS feed link in the news section.

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/04/18 18:05

Why a forum update?

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/05/18 10:47

I still do not understand why giving money to the poor would help to reduce poverty: "reduce the divide between rich and poor". If the rich wouldn't use much more of the same resources than the poor.

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/05/18 13:25

I cannot speak for our sponsor, but money is commonly assumed an antidote for poverty. - We'll do some modifications in the next time for mobile device adaptions, and yes, the forum will move to https.
Posted By: SnoopySniff

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/05/18 15:59

I love Zorro!

I was attracted by the quote "Take it from the rich and give it to the poor." Someone with that intention, not just to be good at something, but using it to make a difference, is worthy to spend time with and now I'm giving my brother-in-law a robot for his birthday. He is financially not so good in shape, so I am very excited to see his face when I will present him his robot, which made already 10% profit! :-D

Regarding the old website, I thought as well that this website looks a bit old school, but I didn't care, because I mathematical genius doesn't need to have a fancy but profound was my thinking and the content was very good (is!) very well maintained. Apart from that, I love the new website. I like the style and that it doesn't look like every other hypermodern website. I find it reflects the spirit of Zorro very well.

Good job! I am delighted and thankful for your creation!

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/21/18 14:46

A couple of website bugs, see images. Also, where did that nice background image go?

Attached picture 00.PNG
Attached picture 01.PNG

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/21/18 18:07

I guess it not looks very well with the old CSS. You can try going to http://zorro-trader.com/zorro2.css and reload.

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 12/21/18 19:04

Ah, I had to clear my browser cache and flush my DNS cache, now everything looks good.

Re: Why is Zorro not better known? - 01/28/19 07:34

oP Group thinks that widely adoption of Zorro would be helpful?
© 2024 lite-C Forums