Alternative IDE Environment

Posted By: j45p41

Alternative IDE Environment - 02/08/19 13:42

Hi,

just joined the forum and i have tried getting an answer to this but cant find one. Can I use another IDE for coding/debugging lite-C such as CLion. So far I have downloaded the gamestudio script editor but would like to use Clion if possible.

I am coming from using Python on Pycharm and emabrking on learning C - sorry if the answer is obvious.
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: Alternative IDE Environment - 02/08/19 14:00

If you have Zorro S, you can make Strategy DLL's.

https://zorro-project.com/manual/en/dlls.htm

Just change the project templates to accommodate CLion rather than Visual Studio. Better yet, just use Visual Studio. wink

Re: Alternative IDE Environment - 02/08/19 15:16

ok so I moved the include directory contents for gamestudio to that if my MGW directory on C-lion and it seems to work! Now waiting for somebody to tell me why this is a stupid idea laugh

Re: Alternative IDE Environment - 02/08/19 15:21

You're in the Zorro forums - are we talking about Gamestudio or Zorro?

Re: Alternative IDE Environment - 02/08/19 15:28

Talking about Zorro laugh trying to develop my code in Clion.

Re: Alternative IDE Environment - 02/08/19 15:54

Well, if it works, it works. laugh

Re: Alternative IDE Environment - 02/08/19 16:07

That's what I thought laugh
Posted By: Dalla

Re: Alternative IDE Environment - 02/12/19 06:42

I´ve looked into doing this with Visual Studio Code.
My main boggle is that I have to include zorro.h in the strategy to stop VS Code from complaining about missing imports, but having zorro.h included when executing the strategy in Zorro crashes the script. So basically I have to comment out the include line before executing the strategy :-(
Posted By: jcl

Re: Alternative IDE Environment - 02/12/19 07:24

zorro.h is for DLL development. When you write a lite-C script and your IDE complains about missing includes, then include default.c.
Posted By: HamzaAhmed

Re: Alternative IDE Environment - 04/27/22 07:15

I have gotten Clion to work with Zorro however the Lite-C runtime and Zorro compiler is missing therefore cannot run and debug. There is no need to move the include directory into MinGW directory on Clion. There is a simpler way.
© 2024 lite-C Forums