ERROR 58 on Download

Posted By: Trader200k

ERROR 58 on Download - 12/24/19 22:42

Zero day Zorro user here. Need a quick assist for downloading some data from AlphaVantage.

I tried a SCRIPT = Download, SYMBOL = NAS100, ACTION = Download, and I can't get past Error 58. After a good deal of searching can't find info on the problem. (Error scrape attached)

I have the API Key in the .ini file and have double checked it.

The format of the little download popup was cryptic in that DATE was 2019-2019. Any suggestions about where to find an example of something defining what this should be? Tried YYYYmmDD-YYYYmmDD with "SyntaxError".

I have scanned the FAQ and others with no luck. Frankly I think I am missing some pivotal doc/info to be able to get a simple download to work.

Really appreciate any an all suggestions that might get me on the correct wavelength here.

Best regards,

T

Attached picture Error58.PNG
Posted By: jcl

Re: ERROR 58 on Download - 12/31/19 10:59

Usage of the Download script is described here: https://manual.zorro-project.com/history.htm

I do not think that AlphaVantage has a symbol "NAS100". Downloading nonexisting symbols will normally get you not the data, but a file with an error message instead. Zorro won't analyze that file, so you must check it yourself. It's the most recent file in your History folder.

© 2024 lite-C Forums