Zorro`s Frechet code for pattern recognition

Posted By: Sinuhet

Zorro`s Frechet code for pattern recognition - 02/11/20 18:33

Hi there
is anybody using Zorro`s Frechet code successfully for pattern recognition? I assume most of you are familiar with the article on Ronothwealth.
The reason why I am asking is simple: the Zorro`s Frechet code uses only one Data Series (either close, high, low etc). But the problem is basically all patterns are defined by 2 lines: one connecting the highs and the other connecting the lows. Using close for Data Series is not a good solution for me since you cannot get good pattern detection because you are ignoring wicks.
Theoretically one could manipulate the Frechet`s code TimeFrame input (number of bars in the series to be compared). You could then try to detect a triangle visible on 4h bars by using huge number of 15 min bars & their close.

Anyway somehow I feel it would be great to have modified Frechet`s code, where we could define 2 separete series (one for highs and the other for lows). That would improve any pattern detection in my humble view.

Any thoughts are mostly welcomed. I am afraid the Zorro`s Frechet code cannot be "easily" modified since it is not open.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Zorro`s Frechet code for pattern recognition - 02/12/20 18:09

The Frechet algorithm is for 2D patterns. It can theoretically be extended to 3D, but only with severe limitations. It would not make sense for highs and lows.
© 2024 lite-C Forums