Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW!

Posted By: Lozoteva

Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! - 03/30/20 21:18

I spent half a day configuring all the Zorro environment on my AWS EC2 free instance (1G RAM) to figure that is not possible to work on it because the AWS machine's performances are too slow. See image below.

[Linked Image]

Although see below it's stated that 2 MT4 instances of Zorro should work on AWS EC2 Micro Instance.

[Linked Image]

I believe 1GB of RAM and the CPU provided by Amazon are very limited even for running one Chrome browser session.

So I guess I need to buy a VPS somewhere else.

If you run Zorro in a cloud please feel free to share your choice.
Posted By: Smon

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! - 04/09/20 09:58

Looks like an error from the task manager. You should be below 30% CPU usage. Where do the other 70% come from? It's a long time I played with VPS, but it could be due to shared resources with other VPS instances. Does it feel slow? I'd run a backtest and compare with my local machine to get a feeling how slow it really is.
Posted By: Lozoteva

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! - 04/09/20 16:05

Thanks buddy for your answer. Yes it was very slow... totally useless... so I managed to close the Amazon EC2 and open a VPS somewhere else with 4GB RAM and 2 cores CPU @ 30$ per month.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.... I really appreciate it.
Posted By: Grant

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! - 04/10/20 15:59

Maybe you can try it in a Linux/Wine environment?
Posted By: Roger399

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! - 10/18/20 03:58

I was looking at the Amazon EC2 before finding this post...Not so interested in it now. How has the new VPS worked out for you? And can you recommend something for a VPS newbie, in the windows environment? And thanks for this post, a real time-saver.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! - 10/19/20 13:40

The Micro-AWS has normally about 50% CPU load with 4 Zorros. Check where your 100% CPU load comes from - maybe some active background process.
Posted By: SBGuy

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! - 11/08/20 16:02

I've had great experience using an AWS Lightsail instance for over a year - $40/month 2CPU Windows package. I've recently moved to Kamatera for superfast connection, faster CPU, and more CPUs for less money -- 6CPUs 4GB RAM for $60/month.

Here is an important tips when using AWS Lightsail -- not sure about EC2.

The Zorro windows should be minimized to reduce CPU load. Since Lightsail are burstable instances with guaranteed baseline (like 10-20%). I find that when Zorro windows (I have several) are open at the same time, it uses more CPU. So I used cmdow in a scheduled task to minimize all my Zorros after they are up and running. This lowered my CPU utilization a great deal and when my Zorros come alive, it can burst up to 100% utilization for quite some time. Then overnight, you regain 4% of CPU burstability/per hour because nothing's going on.

In short, minimize ALL your windows (Zorro and others) when you don't need to interact with them.
Posted By: AVL

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! - 11/08/20 16:15

Try Contabo VPS S SSD (4 Cores, 8GB RAM) for EUR 4.99 + additional EUR 4.99 for Windows 2016 Server per month. If you need allocation in USA for better latency it will cost you additional 1 EUR.

https://contabo.com/?show=vps
© 2024 lite-C Forums