ReTraining - Clarification of "Day"s to Avoid

Posted By: DdlV

ReTraining - Clarification of "Day"s to Avoid - 11/23/22 03:00

Somewhere (I can't find it at the moment) it was recommended to avoid ReTraining on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (as I recall) because some Broker parameters are not their usual values.

(Mostly for Wednesday?) How are the days defined? Is it, f.i., Wednesday UTC? Or Wednesday some other timezone(s)? Or Wednesday ALL timezones?

Thanks.

Re: ReTraining - Clarification of "Day"s to Avoid - 12/07/22 15:29

Hi @jcl. Would appreciate your thoughts on this. Put another way, how big is "Wednesday"? laugh

F.i., in the FOREX context, is it Wednesday anywhere? (Which is more than 24 hours...)

In the context of a given exchange, is it the 24 hours of Wednesday in that exchange's timezone?

Thanks.
Posted By: jcl

Re: ReTraining - Clarification of "Day"s to Avoid - 12/08/22 07:57

Retraining is an offline process, so the weekday is not relevant. Gathering account parameters can be affected by Wednesday, but that depends on your broker.

Re: ReTraining - Clarification of "Day"s to Avoid - 12/08/22 11:11

Thanks @jcl.

So, since figuring out what the broker's doing is problematic as well as a moving target, the simple answer to try to get more accurate account parameters is to avoid Wednesday in the broker's timezone?

And for a FOREX broker or a broker that trades worldwide instruments, avoid Wednesday in all timezones?

Thanks.
Posted By: jcl

Re: ReTraining - Clarification of "Day"s to Avoid - 12/08/22 12:39

Avoid any days in any time zone of which you expect your broker to return unusual asset parameters.

Re: ReTraining - Clarification of "Day"s to Avoid - 12/10/22 04:21

Thanks @jcl.

Yes, rather obviously. The question here is not avoiding, it's how would anyone "expect" such?

To build an expectation would seem to require spending a sizeable amount of time monitoring what the broker is doing, and/or getting lucky. laugh

I thought what I'd read before (that I still can't find frown ) represented the knowledge/feeling of those who have been at this far longer than I and had come to at least a "starting point" "expect"...

Any help along those lines?

Thanks.
Posted By: ozgur

Re: ReTraining - Clarification of "Day"s to Avoid - 12/10/22 09:29

Any help along those lines?

For example, rollover time when spreads are wider than usual.

Re: ReTraining - Clarification of "Day"s to Avoid - 12/10/22 15:42

Thanks @ozgur. But that's not really the question...

It's not about any particular variance (spreads or whatever). It's about (hopefully) not re-inventing the wheel regarding time.

After many years of experience it would seem there must be known times that, given all the variances possible, as a starting point should be avoided?

And clarifying what those times are in the various timezones around the world.
© 2024 lite-C Forums