zorro license, IB connection

Posted By: miwok

zorro license, IB connection - 12/06/23 16:32

I have two questions:
1) I try to seperate how zorro is licensed: If I have two computer, one for algo development and another one for live trading, do I have to buy two "Zorro S" licenses or one?
2) IB plugin: is it possible to connect to IB with "Zorro free" to an IB demo account Port 7497?

regards
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: zorro license, IB connection - 12/06/23 17:16

Originally Posted by miwok
1) I try to seperate how zorro is licensed: If I have two computer, one for algo development and another one for live trading, do I have to buy two "Zorro S" licenses or one?
Assuming you're a natural person and not a business, one license is enough.
"A personal Zorro S license, issued to a natural person, allows multiple Zorro installations on an unlimited number of computers or servers when only the licensee has access to them. Corporations need one Zorro S license per installation or per user ("seat"); please contact us for license bundles."
https://zorro-project.com/manual/en/restrictions.htm
Originally Posted by miwok
2) IB plugin: is it possible to connect to IB with "Zorro free" to an IB demo account Port 7497?
Yes because demo accounts begin with a 'D':
"The IB plugin included with the free Zorro version supports paper trading accounts that begin with the letter "D". A plugin for real accounts is included in Zorro S."
https://zorro-project.com/manual/en/ib.htm

Re: zorro license, IB connection - 12/07/23 09:20

Thank you Andrew for your explanation.

I've still problems connection to IB TWS. In attached image are my settings.
TWS: Port 7497 because it's a demo. Accounts name starts "D"... ActiveX is enabled.
Zorro: Account "Demo" .. "IB (demo)". Login 101, password free.

With tradedesk script I got the error "Can't connect". Check login & TWS port 7496.
Port 7496 is for real accounts, not demo. IB demo is 7497. As I saw Zorro free has no access to accounts.csv. Where can I set the IB port in Zorro?

regards
Chris

Attached picture 2023-12-07_101034.png
Posted By: BrainSailor

Re: zorro license, IB connection - 12/07/23 11:32

Hi,
set the Port in the TWS to 7496. Set the same port in your Account File for the Demo IB Account.
That should solve the issue.

Re: zorro license, IB connection - 12/07/23 16:13

Got it, thank you for supporting
© 2024 lite-C Forums