Flat Shading

Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Flat Shading - 06/15/07 08:18

D3DRS_SHADEMODE = D3DSHADE_FLAT

This is all the info I could find, but could you add a method for using flat-shading in shaders? or is the only way to unweld all vertices?
Posted By: ello

Re: Flat Shading - 06/15/07 10:20

what is your problem with using shademode = flat; in your passes?
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Flat Shading - 06/15/07 11:23

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb509706.aspx

Quote:

nointerpolationDo not interpolate the outputs of a vertex shader before passing them to a pixel shader.

i think you put "nointerpolation" before your output texture coordinate in your vertex shader. i don't know though, i just happened to come across this today on msdn.

hope this helps!

julz
Posted By: Joey

Re: Flat Shading - 06/15/07 11:48

no it's ShadeMode = Flat just as ello said.

Re: Flat Shading - 06/15/07 13:25

if it doesn't work, say "no" and explain why.

a little research showed nointerpolation is DX10, so you're right, but your post wasn't helpful.

julz

Re: Flat Shading - 06/15/07 13:45

o.O i just corrected you... i've used ShadeMode already, so i knew it was correct.

Re: Flat Shading - 06/15/07 16:45

I swear I looked for it, but I didn't find anything about shadeMode; It works perfectly, thank you...

Re: Flat Shading - 06/15/07 22:56

@joey: that's fair enough, except that there's often more than one way to do something. there was just the implication that u were assuming shademode is the only way to do it, and you may be right but there wasn't any apparent consideration as to whether or not nointerpolation would work.

i don't want to start an argument, and you were right. but i'm just justifying my response

julz

Re: Flat Shading - 06/16/07 08:46

mmh, that was a misunderstanding, sorry for that

Re: Flat Shading - 06/16/07 09:01

me too, when something isn't isn't 100% clear sometimes i forget not to assume it's said aggressively

Re: Flat Shading - 06/16/07 11:12

and then again i can't estimate the tone in which something is said... at least mostly. that's reserved to native speakers.

Re: Flat Shading - 06/16/07 11:40

as much as this has gone offtopic, i think its worth pointing out (as anyone here has probably already experienced) that it's a symptom of text-only conversations. my girlfriend has gotten very angry or worried over text-messages i sent her that were meant to be sarcastic or at least in a soft tone of voice

julz

Re: Flat Shading - 06/16/07 12:50

well, yes, i've also discovered that. never talk to your girlfriend over icq.

i think we should all be more kind with posts of others, set that it's not a 1:1 translation of thoughts over these forums.

Re: Flat Shading - 06/16/07 18:01

...lol

*No comment*

Re: Flat Shading - 06/17/07 09:24

but you did comment - don't you like us wearing sackcloth and ashes? i think some forum members really don't behave gentleman-like.
Posted By: tompo

Re: Flat Shading - 06/18/07 11:02

"Let's get ready to rumble!!!"
© 2024 lite-C Forums