CSG Subtract for MED

Posted By: Ness

CSG Subtract for MED - 02/22/09 23:21

Hello, i dont know but do you can programm the csg subtract function to the med? That would rock everything!!!!
The CSG Subtract comes in wed where you can cut holes etc frm blocks!
It would be really nice if you could make this!

and: make med friendlier....
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: CSG Subtract for MED - 02/24/09 00:04

This would not be called CSG subtract. The term means: Constructive Solid Geometry. CSG is what WED uses when you build levels within it. MED uses polygons, which are not CSG objects. What you are asking for are Boolean operations (subtract, join, etc).
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: CSG Subtract for MED - 02/24/09 00:31

Boolean difference ?
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: CSG Subtract for MED - 02/24/09 01:15

I was trying to remember the name for the other one. I don't use Boolean because it leaves to many unwanted artifacts ... especially with poly modeling. So I just model the "hole" (or whatever is to be there).
Posted By: Ness

Re: CSG Subtract for MED - 02/25/09 21:54

well sorry if i used wrong words but i hope you know what i mean!!! i said that if it could be possible to include this "csg subtract" in MED Mode with his own new word?
Posted By: jcl

Re: CSG Subtract for MED - 02/26/09 09:26

Yes, I understand what you mean. The next MED version will have a cutting tool, that's something to start with. New editing functions such as Boolean operations are also on our list, but with not-so-high priority. Improvements in the areas of import and ergonomics have higher priority at the moment.
© 2024 lite-C Forums