Main Webpage and screenshots Update

Posted By: Vinous_Beret

Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 14:38

hi folks,
@JCL your team should really change those Models and textures that come's with 3DGS,this models and textures looks so bad,or"childish".
3DGS is a professional and Advanced Engine cool ,besides A8 is coming out soon,I mean take a look at other competitors Engine's websites like UNITY or Torque,they showing the best of thier Engines:great models,great levels,amazing screen shots,Etc...
you should consider using some Advanced screenshots in the main webpage instead of using user's screenshots.
why you are hiding the True power of 3DGS?
the first time i saw 3dgs's website i thought it for KIDS!!!
but when i tried it ,well,,,,i Changed my mind grin
Posted By: Quad

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 14:59

yes, the site needs to be completely re-done.
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 15:04

seconded laugh
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 15:09

thirded [lol yh i knw it aint a word]
Posted By: 3run

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 16:05

fourthded [heh]

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 16:16

Quote:
seconded laugh

Quote:
thirded [lol yh i knw it aint a word]

Quote:
fourthded [heh]

LOL grin
Posted By: Nidhogg

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 16:44

I fifth this suggestion
Posted By: mikaldinho

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 16:51

i sixth this!!!
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 17:03

I can't count that high. So I just first this!
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 17:03

Seventh?
Posted By: Widi

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 17:19

Posted By: Superku

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 17:31

9. from me, the money it takes to redesign the homepage and to replace cbabe, warlock, guard and co. is nothing against the profit that these investments would bring along.
Posted By: muffel

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 17:46

10. I'm under the Top 10
EDIT: After the Person who started the thread
What's about a Contest to get new Textures etc.

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 18:01

Quote:
10. I'm under the Top 10

I guess that is make's me #0 cool
Posted By: Beker

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/10/10 21:07

11? There are packages of textures and models of quality, affordable, benefits would be many, and known as anyone who is looking good impression catches the engine on the web.

And please, largest collection of shaders, it is important to facilitate this.
Posted By: Lecithin

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/11/10 02:25

Count me as 12. As a teacher I've recommended this software to dozens of sales. It was difficult to even try it after researching programs and seeing sites like Unity's. I have an even more difficult time convincing other teachers, students, and friends.

Just as with the opposite sex, the first thing we see is visual and many won't even look twice if you can't find that.
Posted By: badapple

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 06/11/10 03:02

i guess im lucky number 13.

and thats why i started that character modeling contest , and tried to get a prize for it(unsuccessfully)
Posted By: Dveyee

Re: Main Webpage and Screenshots Update - 06/11/10 05:30

I would also have to agree with the notion to update 3DGS's main website and content. The site is still usable and updated on a regular basis; however, I have stumbled over countless links and web pages that have either been moved or deleted (404). This could be an annoyance to some people when the details on one web page are inconsistent with that on a different web page. I am definitely sure that redesigning the website and 3DGS's content would revitalize sales and an online community.

Above all, a stable website should be the priority. There is no sense in updating content if it means down-times and other setbacks.

Thanks,
Dveyee
Posted By: Landixus

Re: Main Webpage and Screenshots Update - 06/11/10 06:04

Redesign is a good idea!

So i vote "yes"

OK, who do it?

Or better make a contest for the New site?
I will join then.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Main Webpage and Screenshots Update - 06/11/10 09:00

Ok, ok - you convinced me. We'll do a new website, new screenshots, and remove/replace the very old models and artwork.

A contest could also be a good idea. But would we get many good contributions to this contest? After all, the majority of forum users are game developers, not web designers.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Main Webpage and Screenshots Update - 06/11/10 09:12

jeez xD

I could care less for the website completely!
The forum is where the action is at, and I just want a link to download 3DGS executable...

If people spend more time making games, and not giving a crap about the F-ing webpage, maybe that good looking content would've been there years ago!

C'mon people... Just make games, that's what we're here for. And on that note talking about contests. Just make the next contest a game creation contest yet again 9like the last one) atleast that'll get some more entries... I wanna bet the current contest grasps too high for most users here anyway, probably the total amount of submitted Tools will be half the previous contest submissions...
Also, making games is just plain more fun in general ;D

thanks for reading my rant laugh

regards,

Re: Main Webpage and Screenshots Update - 06/11/10 09:53

Originally Posted By: jcl
After all, the majority of forum users are game developers, not web designers.

true,BUT:
Originally Posted By: vinous_beret
3DGS is a professional and Advanced Engine ,besides A8 is coming out soon,I mean take a look at other competitors Engine's websites like UNITY or Torque,they showing the best of thier Engines:great models,great levels,amazing screen shots,Etc...
you should consider using some Advanced screenshots in the main webpage instead of using user's screenshots.

Originally Posted By: helghast
I could care less for the website completely!
The forum is where the action is at, and I just want a link to download 3DGS executable...

well,that's because you already familiar with 3DGS.
think of others who doesn't know any thing about 3DGS,
let's say some one heard about 3dgs,and he/she wanted to try it,but first he/she would like to see some screenshots or the engine in action,he/she will be disappointed if he/she saw the 3DGS main webpage!,especially if he/she already saw other competitors engine's webpage,
Originally Posted By: vinous_beret
the first time i saw 3dgs's website i thought it for KIDS!!!

Posted By: Quad

Re: Main Webpage and Screenshots Update - 06/11/10 10:35

Originally Posted By: jcl
Ok, ok - you convinced me. We'll do a new website, new screenshots, and remove/replace the very old models and artwork.

A contest could also be a good idea. But would we get many good contributions to this contest? After all, the majority of forum users are game developers, not web designers.

It could be contest with money prize, this could drive other not-from-this-community web developers in to the contest.

Re: Main Webpage and Screenshots Update - 06/11/10 11:05

Quote:
It could be contest with money prize, this could drive other not-from-this-community web developers in to the contest.

seconded laugh .
I hate web programing and disegn,but now i regret it,
"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" grin
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Main Webpage and Screenshots Update - 06/11/10 11:20

I program homepages in clean and standard conform xhtml and css, make sure they are crossbrowser compatible and I'm able to write code in javascript and php. So if you need help with the homepage I would offer my work.
Posted By: Machera

Re: Main Webpage and Screenshots Update - 06/11/10 11:23

firstly, should make A8 logo contest .... after that, web design contest can be base on new A8 logo.
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 07/04/10 22:52

Hm... the guys over at DexSoft create awesome models and textures in high quality - maybe hire them for creating new standard 3DGS content?
Posted By: Liamissimo

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 07/04/10 23:01

Yeah, a new website is not a "can" it is a "must". It looks horrible if you compare to Unitys site: Dark, simple, full of text, no animations.

But I love 3DGS
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 07/05/10 10:38

I love the dark style grin
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 08/05/10 02:03

Just wanted to notice that the "new" A8-logo and the "overworked" homepage still needs a redesign...
Even the super-old Acknex Unlimited is untouched. Other engine websites have got advanced file archives or even own stores for tools and user-generated artwork...
I mean A8 is a great engine. I don`t think that you guys have got anything to hide. It would have been a chance for a great comeback..
Do you still plan to design a new webpage? A relaunch with more possibilites for the community? laugh

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 08/05/10 07:33

Yes, we still plan to do something with the website. In the last weeks we just hadn't the time for that.
Posted By: slacer

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 08/06/10 05:04

Maybe you find some time to even update the main page title from "Autorensystem für Multimedia und Computerspiele, mit A6 Game Engine"

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 08/06/10 14:39

Thanks. This title seems not to have harmed so far.
Posted By: fogman

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 08/06/10 16:10

"seems"

Buchtip:
Wer's glaubt, wird selig
Dieter Nuhr
ISBN: 978-3499622847

Your comments give the impression that you struggle with your manpower.
Against the backdrop of the release of A8 this gives a bad image about your capacities.
This leads automatically to negative connotations.
It seems "insecure" to bet on A8, especially for new users.

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 08/06/10 18:16

Thanks for your deep psychological insights. Such concerns of our well-being give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. laugh
Posted By: fogman

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 08/06/10 20:25

Whenever you want. wink
Posted By: TerraSame

Re: Main Webpage and screenshots Update - 08/07/10 19:42

A warm Fuzzy...
is much better than a
Cold Prickly...

If;
Invalid.Pointer = Cold.Prickly;
and_a;
High.Nexus = Cold.Prickly;