Game studio Edition

Posted By: MMike

Game studio Edition - 12/14/12 13:10

I know most of us, end up developping nothing.
Like start a project, but somehow never end it.

Would it be nice, to have a version of game studio, that is everything like PRO, which included the full features, but in the end, no time trials, but that cannot publish...? So that if one want to publish it, would pay a per publish fee to COnitec guys , that would then give a link with the compiled exe.

DEMOS, and TRIALS; can't show the potencial of the Engine. And sometimes, it takes longer to develop and we really need that feature thats its only in PRO version.

I think that would decrease the warez distribution of this engine.

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/14/12 13:30

I just for curiosity openned the 3dgs in debug mode, and i can see the checkpoints that test for a PRO version. Which means, in 5 days i have a crack done... fully PRo of the last public version.

Everything is code right? if the computer can open it, then its possible to crack ir.. Everything then its a matter of interpretation of the code and modification.

Anyway they should have a hacker team to see how long they take to crack it, and then report, workarounds to develop a better protection system.

PS: im not distributing the crack, dont worry, if i do it, its just educational reasons...

And Dont ever get cracks on the net, they might come with all kind of things inside...

If i would need to crack, i would do it my own, and clean.

But HEy,Dont look at me like a criminal, as a programmer, thats what i do.. change code, build code, acomplish a goal.. im not selling and distributing ever this thing.

AND DONT private MSG to ask me for, i will report it! (Only if you pay me a million LOLOL, but that way would be silly since you could buy the pro then? HAHA)
Posted By: sivan

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/14/12 15:19

as I heard there are not so numerous warez versions available and they are not stable.

but I also wanted to ask whether a change in edition categories or pricing can be expected in future or not, taking into account the actual offer of other game engines.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/14/12 16:11

It is with software as with many other goods: the price is more likely to go up than down. People who paid the full price for the Pro Edition would not appreciate if we reduced the price or offered special versions.

Gamestudio is rather crack-proof, that's why you don't find any working warez versions. All the versions sold on warez websites are either old A7 beta versions, or just the same trial version that's here available for free.
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/14/12 17:09

Originally Posted By: jcl
It is with software as with many other goods: the price is more likely to go up than down. People who paid the full price for the Pro Edition would not appreciate if we reduced the price or offered special versions.

Gamestudio is rather crack-proof, that's why you don't find any working warez versions. All the versions sold on warez websites are either old A7 beta versions, or just the same trial version that's here available for free.

I dont want to sound rude, but Cracking GS isnt that hard as you think. You should pack your files with a good packer like vmprotect. Also I found the algorithm to unpack protected resource files...
Thats no problem, I didnt find cracks either on the internet.

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/14/12 17:28

Jcl, i cracked the last A8 trial version... Dont know if itrs full PRO or not. And JCl why you say its crack proof?
But i found some weird stuff like Instructor version? Team , Magazine, what are those?

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/14/12 17:32

NOTICE:
Everything i want to say at the moment is that principal reason that i come up with about all this, isthat the human being, always tryes to find solutions for their problems. Its what makes us alive in some way.

In this case, i wanted to test the augmented thing, i cracked the program to make the augment work, that was my goal, dont know if the engine has faults or not, the logo was gone, and many pro function works.
I know the crack probably does interfer in some functions, but i dont know which, since i dont test it fully, most sample demos work fine, except for the eax demo. That returns an error message.

The goal is not to distribute this crack. I just did it in inofensive way, and prove that it can be done to some level. Although compilation to EXE in not possible at the moment.

But the thing is that,If we were designers, probably the skills to crack would not be present among us. But since we are developers and programmers, we must take into account that some of us, can do crack, and its all a matter of interest and after all curiosity.

Of course i could give some hints, in how to protect more the engine from cracking, since i toutched the very heart of the code, steps that blocks and unlocks features.

In the end, i suggest the pay per publish fee as a solution for the cracks, that would be nice i think... Since the thing that motivated me to crack the program, was having a DEMO version on not a fully featured trial test. Which would't Allow me to explore if eventually it was a good price for the engine or simply worth it.

I havent touched My A7 A long time, since i moved to other software, but im happy to see the Physx PLugin and alot of improvemnts.
I very recommend although this engine, for everyone that wants to start developing. And the price, i think its what it is, i think cryteck is much more expensive.

Stay Cool! guys

Posted By: Dico

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 00:04

Originally Posted By: MMike
Jcl, i cracked the last A8 trial version... Dont know if itrs full PRO or not. And JCl why you say its crack proof?
But i found some weird stuff like Instructor version? Team , Magazine, what are those?

u cant crack a8 but a7 yes

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 00:29

What? you can't crack ? Why not?

Well i dont know you define crack.
I just cracked it, the last A8, now , yeah, its not a fully cracked version because it cannot compile an EXE at the moment. (Havent find the procedure responsable for that) but because im not really interested too do a working one, i just was interested in testing the augment plugin, and it did work.

Now, i could try to crack the whole thing , if i was about to recieve the PRIZE, which i doubt. So , i wont even spend any time on that issue. I got what i wanted.

But tell me a script that would only work under A8 PRO, to test if the thing i have its PRO or not. Because for far all the functionalities in PRO work.. The logo position or removal for example, .. But really dont know how to compare. :S

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 00:31

... All the versions sold on warez websites are either old A7 beta versions...

Sold?
Posted By: 3run

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 00:43

You are nuts, aren't you? grin

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 01:02

Quote:

HE should know about this is possible, at least. I would like to know... BUt this is a problem of perspective..

And, anyway, Im not selling nor distributing the thing. Like i told, i just wanted to try the augmented, did you expect me to buy the PRO just for TRY!?

This is like, changing your windows time, to foul some old apps to give you more 30 days of an expired program.. i done alot of that in the past... OR do a registry clean and that would do it. OR in the last case, format your Windows. The world is full of chance. Depends in everyone to do something out of it. Dont blame on me! Its the system...

And to be sincere im not very good at coding C++, dlls, actually, however i can try to crack some programs, in theory some will work, other not, i understood some of the concepts of the cracking, but not all of them, and i just use my intuition sometimes, and it works.

I did not created nothing, i just changed it. THe crack its not even functional in a way that would be dangerous, or could pose a treat to Conitec (losing sales etc..) Because its not working 100%.

Cracking is a reality, you can only close your eyes to it, but thats silly. Or as a programmer, you can develop more secure programs. Thats why Bank systems got improved, and etc etc, because there are always this cosmic motion of mutation, and evolution...

For me I just see it also as a educational thing, i got very entertained doing it, because its kind of fun, and very addicting, like a game puzzle.. you want to acomplish a goal.

And then, IM not using a FULLY CRACKED VERSION (but it could be) and im not selling on the web or even free. Its for Personal USE.
I would't personaly feel good to myself, doing a game, publishing and then give no credits to 3ggamestudio creators. As a programmer myself i respect that stuff man.

I i told them, because i think, it would be safer for them, knowing a software can be cracked, to have an engine, that would not compile, and the publishing would be done on a pay per service fashion. I dont want to hurt them, nor their economy in any way, or be responsable for that.
Although i think, that having cracks around a software, means 2 things ( the program is really good, and useful to a vast number of individuals -> which is a good sign) and 2- Its a markting path, because more and more people get to know the engine etc, and want to use it, because they know has a crack etc etc...

But the topic, (i cracked the thing has no value to me), it could be anything.. when i want something i do the best i can to do it. As a programmer i just used my skills, thats all..And even that its very subjective. because you see, i could opt to dont tell, but, that wouldn't change anything, because i would have done it " secretly", you just did not know about it.
These examples happen all the time. Probably its not just me doing this stuff. I could grab picture of you, and cut them into pieces, and burn it, and you wouldn't know...

NOw the question is, are you a person that accept the truth first, and then live with it, or not. Alot of wrong this happen all the time, we dont know.

Even if i could crack a fully working engine, i doubt i would compile any decent stuff. My creativity its not in games, at least recently...

I think think is good to have this kind of guys trying, to protect them more, i know know. Thats why i suggested the pay per publish thing...

And sorry for my english!

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 01:19

Originally Posted By: 3run

What? Im not selling nor distributing the thing. Like i told, i just did the thing to use to try the augmented, did you expect me to buy the PRO just for TRY!?

For me its not "going nuts telling" because, its like natural to mee, i mean, if i can open the thing and just go there and change this and this.... and the crack its not functional, in a way that would be dangerous, or could pose a treat to COnitec (losing sales etc..) Because its not working 100%, and no one would want that i (think).

I just see it also as a educational thing, and even as a form to report they need to (perhaps) improve their protection.

IM not using a CRACKED VERSIon that you got on the internet, to sell stuff... and put things on the market... Without giving contribution to Them. (As a programmer i respect that stuff)...

So thats why i told.

And even that its very subjective. because you see, i could opt to dont tell, but, that wouldn't change anything, because i would do it, then secretly.. (see the thing) examples like this happen all the time. Probably its not just me doing this stuff...

I could graba picture of you, and cut them into pieces, and burn it, and you wouldn't know...

NOw the question is, are you a person that accept the truth first, and then live with it, or not.

but unfortunatly, even if the crack was PRO FULL working, i doubt i would compile any decent stuff. My creativity its not in games, at least recently...

Ok try with physXtest.c in simple folder

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 01:25

Quote:
Ok try with physXtest.c in simple folder

Ok i did, and what is not expected? I just saw ball falling while colliding in the floor, and bouncing, each other.

But are physXtest just a PRO feature? i think it even works with trial? Dont remember now..

PS: you took so long to reply... I have to do some other tasks, tomorrow i will see.

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 08:18

Do you used ollydbg to crack?
Since you said your programming skills are not the best shocked
ASM is one if the hardest languages I can think of. Normally I can crack shit, but if its packed we need to unpack first, where most of the noobs are failing. VMProtect is one of the advanced packers, I need help to unpack it on highest protection.
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 09:36

YES HE'S NUTS laugh

We don't mind if he can crack 3DGS, Unity, UT3 ...
If he distribute even one only version ... it will be rude for him ...
perhaps he have never cracked anything ... ?

I think he just want and need to talk ...

His thread is USELESS ...

3DGS is a very outdated engine for lot of people, do you really think a crack version would be popular ?
Specially compared to some other popular 3D engines.

And people selling a game , receiving money in their account , i think know that received money on their bank is written for ever in their account ...
I think they prefer to avoid to sell a product made with a cracked version indeed laugh
People selling a game are not kids ...

Cracked 3D engine version IS USELESS ... even if their exist ... for people SELLING a game.

People using a crack to play with the engine ... well it's nothing that really matters ...

Esenthel engine for example is free, just need you to pay a cheap license if you REALLY SELL A GAME.

3DGS commercial is good as that with it's price.

And there are very very few 3D games selled each year with 3DGS ,so cracking is useless.
Unity sells a lot OF 3D GAMES each month compared ...

For serious people we use official 3D tools , Engines etc .. cau we target to sell something.
For peope toying, yes they can play with cracked software ... if they WANT TO PLAY ...

Well this THREAD IS USELESS ... It could BE CLOSED PERHAPS ?
Talking about things that really doesn't matter ...

-----------

I forget :
IF HE CAN T MAKE A GORGEOUS GAME WITH 3DGS COMMERCIAL , NO WAY PRO VERSION WON'T MAKE IT BETTER laugh

And saying he have left for another 3D engine, why he's polluting the forum if he don't use 3DGS no more ?

HE SHOULD STOP POLLUTING THE FORUM WITH USELESS THREAD !

Posted By: jcl

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 09:49

The only gamestudio version that ever was cracked, meaning unlocked to a working Pro, was an A6.2 beta version.

A Russian hacker group attempted in 2007 and 2008 to crack A7. They reported success several times and published many "cracked" versions on warez websites. None of those cracks did really work. They apparently gave up after a year, at least we did not hear about them again.

Of course, anything can be cracked, but this would require a real programmer, and he had to invest weeks of serious effort due to the various anti-crack mechanisms implemented in 2008 against those Russian hackers. As no one has seriously attempted this so far as to our knowledge, a cracked Gamestudio version is not to be expected.

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 11:31

The only gamestudio version that ever was cracked, meaning unlocked to a working Pro, was an A6.2 beta version.

A Russian hacker group attempted in 2007 and 2008 to crack A7. They reported success several times and published many "cracked" versions on warez websites. None of those cracks did really work. They apparently gave up after a year, at least we did not hear about them again.

Of course, anything can be cracked, but this would require a real programmer, and he had to invest weeks of serious effort due to the various anti-crack mechanisms implemented in 2008 against those Russian hackers. As no one has seriously attempted this so far as to our knowledge, a cracked Gamestudio version is not to be expected.

jcl , a7 can easily cracked by key ack6c or ack6s but not by key8
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 11:55

I do not see what is the point of cracked 3dgs. None of the serious developer would waste its time that use illegal software. 3dgs is not a game we play and throw in a bucket, it is software that is constantly being improved and simply is not possible publish game with ilegal version. I think 150 euro is not to much for someone who want make and publish game. If somene want only play with 3dgs he can try a free or trial version.

Quote:
jcl , a7 can easily cracked by key ack6c or ack6s but not by key8

Each key has its own name, and i think that no one is foolish enough to easily put his key on internet.

The only thing i could add to the price of the Pro version might be a bit cheaper tongue
Posted By: sivan

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 12:26

some reasons for using a cracked version of any game engine or design software having a per seat licence:
- to postpone buying a licence, until game is ready to sell, thus shorten the investment time. this may have a positive effect on selling the most expensive edition: e.g. each Unity Pro update is cracked and available easily (I don't know how stable they are)
- for toying a cracked version is okay, but those people would never buy any licence I think
- imo a one month trial period is short for testing all the features of a totally unknown and complex engine

3dgs licensing policy is not bad, you can upgrade as you improve, but I agree the Pro is a bit over priced, this is the stage where I think of switching to another engine...

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 13:49

Indeed the Pro is overpriced ... specially when you look at other 3D solutions ...

But well it's up to you to buy it or not.

And depending on what you do : totying ,testing ... real game ready to sell it's all up to you to buy it or not or go to another solution !

With 3DGS the only right price i see is the commercial version, enought complete to make a real game.

License per commercial title would never work for Conitec, caus the number of games is so so few, thay would never sell enough to continue 3DGS.

But Unity 3D for example could make some license per title , just seeing this :
Game list
But they also follow unlimited titles per license, and they ahve the free and Pro version.
UT3 has also some cheap license for mobile and PC, and they get fees depending on your sales, but they have directly a full version for you (there is no free or Pro), you just pay when you think you can sell a game.

So i don't think license per title to be so awesome.

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 13:52

If you want I can recreate my pro crack, Im not using it atm but I think I could do it again.

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 14:38

Originally Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r
Do you used ollydbg to crack?
Since you said your programming skills are not the best shocked
ASM is one if the hardest languages I can think of. Normally I can crack shit, but if its packed we need to unpack first, where most of the noobs are failing. VMProtect is one of the advanced packers, I need help to unpack it on highest protection.

First What is the definition of cracking, in this view of gamestudio? Why he say is not a fully unlocked crack!? what defines that!
Like i told before, tell me, something to run and that is only possible with Professional!?

(excluding publish, because like i told before, that part is not done) I just wanted to play with Augmented.C (which was a pro version) and i had to foul the engine to at least think its PRO, and it worked.

About packing VMprotection, I dont remember exaclty how to unpack it right away, BUt i think game studio in not packed.
And yes the language is ASM, which is quite hard to understand the jumps and the calls to somewhere unknown location, so it needs some study and luck, finding the right breakpoint, and study the EAX variables and analyse if they sound familiar, or have any meaning in the hexadecimal notation. Its like chinese... but you try find some logic on it.

But once discovered i can do this to A7, A6 and all other versions in theory... because then you know where are the main target sites computer langue uses to understand the variables checkpoints.

Jcl could let me at least try a PRO feature, or script that only works on That edition. I dont know what those russian guys did.. but give me some code, to test if its pro or not pro unlocked (excluding publishing, because i did not do that part, and i know its missing) (that wasn't my point).

And for all guys outhere, complaining about 3dgamestudio, come on, 3dgamestudio is pretty cool, i think its what opened my eyes to the game programming world. I know there are alot serious other 3d TOOLS. But i think this can do alot.

Now yes, about the pay per license, perhaps would not work.. based on the number of sucessful titles.

And you'r right, i did not ever compiled a fully working game, but thats not because im not able to do it but instead because there are alot of cooperation team sometimes, on those huge games you see outhere, that i could not afford. And working alone sucks, however i have alot of unfinished project.

AND I DID not MOVED TO ANOTHER 3d ENGINE! I STOPED using this engine, i got stuck, and quit doing games.. now im more into server side, and PHP languages, and working on sites, and such, or some statistics programming for Biology.

Dont be scare man, im not goin to crack your bank account! LOL, im a normal guy, i just have many skills in many other fields, its not just programming. Can you blame me for having skills? and know about things? At least i come up and talk this stuff, because in first place it must be known, vulnerabities its what makes things stronger next time ..

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 15:01

AND I DID not MOVED TO ANOTHER 3d ENGINE! I STOPED using this engine, i got stuck, and quit doing games.. now im more into server side, and PHP languages, and working on sites, and such, or some statistics programming for Biology.

Well what are you doing here so ? here is game making, not trolling !!

Dont be scare man, im not goin to crack your bank account! LOL, im a normal guy, i just have many skills in many other fields, its not just programming.

You should be carefull saying you can crack lot of things ... it's like saying you have lot of illegal weapons for example ... it could be hard for you at final ...
Lot of ego personnality can be dangerous , even if at final you didn't intended to to nothing bad ...

Can you blame me for having skills? and know about things? At least i come up and talk this stuff, because in first place it must be known, vulnerabities its what makes things stronger next time ..

Anyone has big skills, and there are better than your in life, you are never the better.
3DGS is like some other 3D programs, it works, it sells, and people are here on the forums to make things ...

NOT TO TALK ABOUT USELESS SUBJECTS ; SO STOP TROLLING AND GLORIFYING YOURSELF !

Open up yourself, be creative, program good things, improve yourself, help other people ...

Instead of saying : "THIS IS ME THE SUPER CRACKER" and all your philosophy ....

Or continue loosing your time laugh ??

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 15:34

RatChet, i came here, to TEll.. in the post, that, a pay per publish would be a better solution to CRACKS... because that way, people would only be able to compile a EXE on DEMAND... Which means, the engine is never sufficient to compile. So no more cracks.. since the Compilation is done on CONITEC side...

Also i talked about that i had curiosity in augment plugin only available in PRO, And that the trial would not let me test, so thats where the crack part came. Because it would be nice, to have a free engine fully features enabled, to let us test the full potential, and then if we need to actually sell, we publish not with the free engine we have, but with Conitec SIDE .. (BUT ITS JUST a thought!)

And from what i read, i now see it make no sense, since little people develop actually anything significant to justifies that method.

Then, I came up with the subject about the crack right? .. And then if it can be done or not.. And JCL told, there is no way to crack A8.
I dont know what he defines as crack. If its a fully crack able to publish, then NO i did not do that. But i could "foul" the engine to at least give me a try on the augmented plugin.

"You should be carefull saying you can crack lot of things"
You right. But in the end, i "could kill" anyone in theory, but dont mean i will do it. Cracking is very NEgative term... I just see it as tweaking or customizing, like e.g, put your name on the Top window of the browser, and write like special editon with the name. There are fun things that can be done too. Or like aplying new skins to the a cellphone, should that be cracking and criminal?
The matter here, is cause damaging with such actions to others, and im clearly not causing. And that is the responsability that i have. Now craking or making it fould to pro, just to try, i really doubt its something serious. Thats not what damages 3d game studio.

So, as long as im not selling or distributiong anything that could pose risk of economic damage, its not very troublesome. Something that those professional cracker, do pose a risk for Companies that injury them, decreasing their sales. And spread them all over. ITS different cenarios..
And i also could see this from another point view, by testing the pro feature, i can see and consider buying the real thing, later... So it can actually be beneficial in some way.

NOT TO TALK ABOUT USELESS SUBJECTS ; SO STOP TROLLING AND GLORIFYING YOURSELF !
Hey! Im not SUPER MAN, not i intended to be! And im not gloryfying, if it sounds like that, Its not really the point. the real point here, was to kind of warn about the reality, and the vulnerabitity of the engine (altought i dont know if this A8 can be fully unlocked, because havent tryed!)...

Or continue loosing your time
You right perhaps im losing my time, about warning JCl about this stuff..When I could keep it secret. But as a programmer, if some other guy come by and tell me about such, I would be glad to be informed about it, so i could do protect more next time... Instead of killing the guy right away. But here is a perspective that depends on each person. Which is face reality VS Hiding Reality and believe everything is fine.

Now Some of you guys do more damage than me believe me, because, always telling the engine its not enought, or etc, is like adding more momentum to the other people that read this, to leave the engine and go to those unity etc... and the power of a group is always greater. And its not glorification, since i told already, im not very good in coding, dlls or c# etc, i think anyone can do it actually, just need the pacience.

NOT TO TALK ABOUT USELESS SUBJECTS
I think this forum is quite big, to have many subjects and topics, and if you think the security of the engine is a USELESS subject, then its okay for you. You can read other topic though, im not forcing you to read this (i guess).

But thanks about your tips about telling about this. Of course, the intention is not to damaging anyone but more to suggest a method for anti-cracking, which i thought would be a good thing i was doing. I could be wrong Perhaps about telling.

But all this talk was more directed to JLC and to open discussion about the subject and reality of things. And as you can see im not getting anything back like a PRIZE or something. I did not come here, to win anything... just to open a discussion about the topic.

I dont know if your attacking me or not, Because my english is not very good sometimes, and i not sure how your tone is.

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 19:25

Also i talked about that i had curiosity in augment plugin only available in PRO, And that the trial would not let me test, so thats where the crack part came. Because it would be nice, to have a free engine fully features enabled, to let us test the full potential, and then if we need to actually sell, we publish not with the free engine we have, but with Conitec SIDE .. (BUT ITS JUST a thought!)

Believe me the aumented reality needs a camera , i doubt people will buy one or use some playing indie games ? this is very little niche, for some games like on PS2, PS3 style ...

And crying you would need Pro to just some features, well ... i would give you the advice ... change the tool : change the 3D engine, search on internet on other engine forums like Ogre 3D etc ... for aumentend reality stuff instead of asking a little feature that will never justify any 3DGS license change or whatever ...

So, as long as im not selling or distributiong anything that could pose risk of economic damage, its not very troublesome. Something that those professional cracker, do pose a risk for Companies that injury them, decreasing their sales. And spread them all over. ITS different cenarios..
And i also could see this from another point view, by testing the pro feature, i can see and consider buying the real thing, later... So it can actually be beneficial in some way.

Yes you can do what you want with 3DGS trial or cracked as you sell and distribute nothing indeed.
It's your personal use, you could crack Paint Sop Pro, 3DSMAX ,etc ... you do what you want ... as you don't distribute nothing.

But i don't think JCL will ask you or thanks you to crack 3DGS, it is like he said already very hard to crack.
And 3DGS is not same popularity as big programs : Zbrush, 3DSMAX, paint sho pro etc ... that are sold every where throught the world.
I think it's really useless to crack it, but if you need to test Pro version lot more time, to perhaps buy a PRo version , you do as you want .... but you told you let down game making ... so you should really concentrate improving in the right stuff like your programming for example.

the real point here, was to kind of warn about the reality, and the vulnerabitity of the engine (altought i dont know if this A8 can be fully unlocked, because havent tryed!)...
Lot of software can be cracked even big software , so what is the real discovery you bring ??? nothing !
It's like some guy telling to Sony : i can crack your PS3 : believe me i don't think the guy will be thanked by sony and it could be rude for him laugh !!!

Now Some of you guys do more damage than me believe me, because, always telling the engine its not enought, or etc, is like adding more momentum to the other people that read this, to leave the engine and go to those unity etc... and the power of a group is always greater

You hsould read more carefully ... some of us just indicate what is wrong on workflow for example, what should be better, what is done in another 3D engines, but no 3D engine is perfect .. Esenthel 2, LeadWerks 3 , Ogre 3D, Neo Axis , C4 engine are strong in their areas and workflow also.

But you should recognize like people that are NOT FAN OF ANY 3D ENGINE , the engine is just THE TOOL TO MAKE A 3D GAME. when you know how to make a game and have basics , you can choose THE MORE APPROPRIATE laugh

Yes 3DGs can do things , but don't compare it to Unreal 3D engine : STAY REALISTIC.
Stop saying it's some holy graal or better than others .. we have seen SuperCan game quality, and some good ones (superKu, battle for forgol etc ..) ... yes you can do good things indeed ...

You plan some AAA complex FPS , with complex scenes, believe me Unreal 3D is the engine in the indie version.
you plan indie little games ... you have a large choice of 3D engines ...

But all this talk was more directed to JLC and to open discussion about the subject and reality of things. And as you can see im not getting anything back like a PRIZE or something. I did not come here, to win anything... just to open a discussion about the topic.

Yes perhaps you should talk about that subject directly with him, caus it's the only concerned by your crack adventure !

I dont know if your attacking me or not, Because my english is not very good sometimes, and i not sure how your tone is.
No one is attacking you ... but your subject ... well it's not really constructive, nothing to do with game making.
EACH THREAD HAVE A TITLLE ...your thread has nothing to do here i think ?

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/15/12 21:47

OKay, i will follow your advice.
Posted By: Superku

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/16/12 01:07

Regarding the pricing: I have to say that I think that the Pro Edition is overpriced by today's standards and competitors. I'm here and actively using gamestudio since Feb 2001 and I think I remember that the Pro Edition was even more expensive back then. I've spent a lot of my money on all the Pro Editions over the years and I don't regret it, but I would not be mad at all if the price was lowered anytime soon (addressing jcl's 1st post in this thread) and I'm pretty sure no other Pro user would feel tricked, too.
The competition and the prices for game development suites (btw. google does not show gamestudio when you search for this term, this could be done better)/ engines have changed and I've heard and read multiple times that people choose gamestudio over Unity for the lower price. Still, 899Eur is a lot of cash for most hobby developers (I assume that's the primary target group of A8) and I really think 499-649Eur would be a much better and attractive and reasonable price which IMO (probably) would result in more profit (maybe do this change when 8.5 gets released... and advertise it!).
Posted By: 3run

Re: Game studio Edition - 12/16/12 01:13

+1 to Superku's words!
Posted By: 3dgamelight

Re: Game studio Edition - 10/08/18 22:04

[...]various anti-crack mechanisms implemented in 2008 against those Russian hackers.

What mechanisms?
© 2024 lite-C Forums