A9

Posted By: mehrdad12

A9 - 03/05/19 13:31

when A9 will be released?
Do not you think of a new version of the engine?
export For platforms HTML5, Android and iOS
Editor for making tree and human
Object-oriented programming language like C# and Javascript(es6)
2D editor for making menu, panel and user mediums, game 2D view(manger layer)
Based on plug-ins like engine Constract 2
multilanguage
A tool for easier editing and management of materials and textures
directx 11,12
openGL 4.5 , newest
------------------------------------------
It's been 10 years since the engine has not been updated and you are retarded in technology.
This engine has a great potential for development.
This engine could be better than Unity and unreal.
Alas and regret that has been abandoned.
frown
Posted By: Ezzett

Re: A9 - 03/05/19 18:24

Today there are many free or cheap alternatives available for the things you mentioned. It's not 2006 anymore.

https://www.gamefromscratch.com/page/Game-Engine-guides.aspx
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: A9 - 03/24/19 13:25

Anyway, I am eagerly waiting for the A9 Edition/Release/Anything.
I have the spare money for that, long time ago...
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: A9 - 04/01/19 02:41

Hmm, I doubt there will be an A9. A8 hasn't been updated in years and the forum is all but dead. I've been a member here for 20 years (19 on this version of the forum and a short while on a previous version) and today is the first time I've been here in probably 2 years and this is the 2nd post today which is the first since maybe 2014 or 2016. I used to practically live here back in the day, but there are many superior alternatives these days and many are free. Unless they surprise us one day with a surprise A9 announcement, I think it's nothing more than a relic from a bygone time that I'll fondly remember hopefully for years to come. grin
Posted By: Ezzett

Re: A9 - 04/01/19 07:56

Originally Posted By: Orange Brat
I think it's nothing more than a relic from a bygone time that I'll fondly remember hopefully for years to come. grin

I see Acknex as a tool for retro platform development. Today a niche group of enthusiasts still develops software and games for old consoles and operating systems.

I think Gamestudio and it's older versions are excellent tools to create something for DOS/WIN95/98/XP etc. grin
Posted By: Emre

Re: A9 - 04/04/19 05:29

when A9 will be released?
-We'll keep you updated

Do not you think of a new version of the engine?
-That makes sense

export For platforms HTML5, Android and iOS
-On the to-do list

Editor for making tree and human
-We are working on it

Object-oriented programming language like C# and Javascript(es6)
-We'll add it to the to-do list

2D editor for making menu, panel and user mediums, game 2D view(manger layer)
-We are already implementing this feature

Based on plug-ins like engine Constract 2
-On the to-do list

A tool for easier editing and management of materials and textures
-That makes sense

directx 11,12
-We are working on it

openGL 4.5 , newest
-Two to three weeks from now on

Based on Comitec Time grin
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: A9 - 05/05/19 15:45

On this page:
[url=http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/3dgs7.php][/url] http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/3dgs7.php

Quote:
Still, Gamestudio is regularly updated in order to support the newest 3D features. Free engine updates are released about every six weeks.

There is no update/fix for more than three years. I think Conitec should change the page with correct information.
Posted By: Firoball

Re: A9 - 10/10/19 14:45

You all misunderstood. It's "A NEIN", not "A9".
Posted By: txesmi

Re: A9 - 10/11/19 14:38

grin
Posted By: Dooley

Re: A9 - 10/11/19 18:53

Originally Posted by Firoball
You all misunderstood. It's "A NEIN", not "A9".

That makes perfect sense! laugh
Posted By: preacherX

Re: A9 - 11/14/19 15:28

My dream would be to use lite-C in Unity! ^^

Unity C#: transform.position = new Vector3(transform.position.x + 10 * Time.deltaTime, transform.position.y, transform.position.z);
A8 lite-C: my.x += 10 * time;
Posted By: Firoball

Re: A9 - 11/26/19 17:52

Originally Posted by preacherX

Unity C#: transform.position = new Vector3(transform.position.x + 10 * Time.deltaTime, transform.position.y, transform.position.z);
A8 lite-C: my.x += 10 * time;

Who is writing code like this? grin

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Transform.Translate.html
Posted By: rayp

Re: A9 - 11/28/19 15:30

Would be nice indeed. laugh

Re: A9 - 12/11/19 11:01

Haha, I was indeed doing it... I'm now working for two years with Unity and never get aware of the translate function! ^^

However, but even now

my.y += 10 * time;

is still shorter than

transform.Translate(0, 10 * Time.deltaTime, 0, Space.World);
Posted By: MiToVo

Re: A9 - 12/21/19 17:21

So, I purchased A7 a loooooong time ago. Never did get the upgrade to A8. Seems they've pretty much stopped supporting/updating it? Especially with the price-drop.

Understandable, but still sad. It's a great package, with most everything you'd really need to make a game, even if it's not a "blockbuster" title. I came back intending to create some smaller games with it, just a hobby, no big dreams of making the next Zelda game or anything like that. Maybe some fun top-down puzzle/action type games. Who knows.

Curious, though, how much of an active community A8 still has overall, even outside of those who post on the forums? Seems there's always a number of people viewing forum sections, even if they're not posting.

I do like the new forum look/theme, though.
Posted By: rayp

Re: A9 - 12/22/19 00:48

I just seen the new price. Wow this is awesome. I will buy a pro license in near future just to have it for smaller projects.

Many people still love Acknex. ^^

Re: A9 - 12/23/19 21:40

Originally Posted by rayp
I just seen the new price. Wow this is awesome. I will buy a pro license in near future just to have it for smaller projects.

Many people still love Acknex. ^^

Another code stuff:

liteC A8: wait(1);
C# Unity: yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame();

I'm asking myself many times: Why is everything longer in Unity? ^^

Re: A9 - 12/29/19 03:32

Lite-c is an amazing language. It's so easy to do stuff. I am also learning Unity, and I am starting to understand it, but it's much more confusing to work with.

Re: A9 - 01/01/20 14:15

Originally Posted by Dooley

Lite-c is an amazing language. It's so easy to do stuff. I am also learning Unity, and I am starting to understand it, but it's much more confusing to work with.

You're so right!
But on the other hand, all other things like the editor or editing particle systems, is much easier and comfortable in Unity! Another plus: You can export to all systems not only Windows!
So learning Unity is a good choice. After now two years working with it I don't want to switch back to A8. But sometimes I miss lite_C cause of the things mentioned above.

Re: A9 - 01/05/20 21:49

I agree, Unity is the engine I would recommend to others to learn. But every time I start making a game in Unity, I think ... hey, I could do this so much easier in Lite-C ... and that's what keeps me here laugh
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: A9 - 04/17/20 02:52

I think at least update the UI of the editors, the icon is so tiny on 4K display, not usable at all.
© 2020 lite-C Forums