A9

Posted By: mehrdad12

A9 - 03/05/19 13:31

when A9 will be released?
Do not you think of a new version of the engine?
export For platforms HTML5, Android and iOS
Editor for making tree and human
Object-oriented programming language like C# and Javascript(es6)
2D editor for making menu, panel and user mediums, game 2D view(manger layer)
Based on plug-ins like engine Constract 2
multilanguage
A tool for easier editing and management of materials and textures
directx 11,12
openGL 4.5 , newest
------------------------------------------
It's been 10 years since the engine has not been updated and you are retarded in technology.
This engine has a great potential for development.
This engine could be better than Unity and unreal.
Alas and regret that has been abandoned.
frown
Posted By: Ezzett

Re: A9 - 03/05/19 18:24

Today there are many free or cheap alternatives available for the things you mentioned. It's not 2006 anymore.

https://www.gamefromscratch.com/page/Game-Engine-guides.aspx
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: A9 - 03/24/19 13:25

Anyway, I am eagerly waiting for the A9 Edition/Release/Anything.
I have the spare money for that, long time ago...
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: A9 - 04/01/19 02:41

Hmm, I doubt there will be an A9. A8 hasn't been updated in years and the forum is all but dead. I've been a member here for 20 years (19 on this version of the forum and a short while on a previous version) and today is the first time I've been here in probably 2 years and this is the 2nd post today which is the first since maybe 2014 or 2016. I used to practically live here back in the day, but there are many superior alternatives these days and many are free. Unless they surprise us one day with a surprise A9 announcement, I think it's nothing more than a relic from a bygone time that I'll fondly remember hopefully for years to come. grin
Posted By: Ezzett

Re: A9 - 04/01/19 07:56

Originally Posted By: Orange Brat
I think it's nothing more than a relic from a bygone time that I'll fondly remember hopefully for years to come. grin

I see Acknex as a tool for retro platform development. Today a niche group of enthusiasts still develops software and games for old consoles and operating systems.

I think Gamestudio and it's older versions are excellent tools to create something for DOS/WIN95/98/XP etc. grin
Posted By: Emre

Re: A9 - 04/04/19 05:29

when A9 will be released?
-We'll keep you updated

Do not you think of a new version of the engine?
-That makes sense

export For platforms HTML5, Android and iOS
-On the to-do list

Editor for making tree and human
-We are working on it

Object-oriented programming language like C# and Javascript(es6)
-We'll add it to the to-do list

2D editor for making menu, panel and user mediums, game 2D view(manger layer)
-We are already implementing this feature

Based on plug-ins like engine Constract 2
-On the to-do list

A tool for easier editing and management of materials and textures
-That makes sense

directx 11,12
-We are working on it

openGL 4.5 , newest
-Two to three weeks from now on

Based on Comitec Time grin
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: A9 - 05/05/19 15:45

On this page:
[url=http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/3dgs7.php][/url] http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/3dgs7.php

Quote:
Still, Gamestudio is regularly updated in order to support the newest 3D features. Free engine updates are released about every six weeks.

There is no update/fix for more than three years. I think Conitec should change the page with correct information.
Posted By: FBL

Re: A9 - 10/10/19 14:45

You all misunderstood. It's "A NEIN", not "A9".
Posted By: txesmi

Re: A9 - 10/11/19 14:38

grin
Posted By: Dooley

Re: A9 - 10/11/19 18:53

Originally Posted by Firoball

That makes perfect sense! laugh
Posted By: preacherX

Re: A9 - 11/14/19 15:28

My dream would be to use lite-C in Unity! ^^

Unity C#: transform.position = new Vector3(transform.position.x + 10 * Time.deltaTime, transform.position.y, transform.position.z);
A8 lite-C: my.x += 10 * time;
Posted By: FBL

Re: A9 - 11/26/19 17:52

Originally Posted by preacherX

Unity C#: transform.position = new Vector3(transform.position.x + 10 * Time.deltaTime, transform.position.y, transform.position.z);
A8 lite-C: my.x += 10 * time;

Who is writing code like this? grin

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Transform.Translate.html
Posted By: rayp

Re: A9 - 11/28/19 15:30

Would be nice indeed. laugh

Re: A9 - 12/11/19 11:01

Haha, I was indeed doing it... I'm now working for two years with Unity and never get aware of the translate function! ^^

However, but even now

my.y += 10 * time;

is still shorter than

transform.Translate(0, 10 * Time.deltaTime, 0, Space.World);
Posted By: MiToVo

Re: A9 - 12/21/19 17:21

So, I purchased A7 a loooooong time ago. Never did get the upgrade to A8. Seems they've pretty much stopped supporting/updating it? Especially with the price-drop.

Understandable, but still sad. It's a great package, with most everything you'd really need to make a game, even if it's not a "blockbuster" title. I came back intending to create some smaller games with it, just a hobby, no big dreams of making the next Zelda game or anything like that. Maybe some fun top-down puzzle/action type games. Who knows.

Curious, though, how much of an active community A8 still has overall, even outside of those who post on the forums? Seems there's always a number of people viewing forum sections, even if they're not posting.

I do like the new forum look/theme, though.
Posted By: rayp

Re: A9 - 12/22/19 00:48

I just seen the new price. Wow this is awesome. I will buy a pro license in near future just to have it for smaller projects.

Many people still love Acknex. ^^

Re: A9 - 12/23/19 21:40

Originally Posted by rayp
I just seen the new price. Wow this is awesome. I will buy a pro license in near future just to have it for smaller projects.

Many people still love Acknex. ^^

Another code stuff:

liteC A8: wait(1);
C# Unity: yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame();

I'm asking myself many times: Why is everything longer in Unity? ^^

Re: A9 - 12/29/19 03:32

Lite-c is an amazing language. It's so easy to do stuff. I am also learning Unity, and I am starting to understand it, but it's much more confusing to work with.

Re: A9 - 01/01/20 14:15

Originally Posted by Dooley

Lite-c is an amazing language. It's so easy to do stuff. I am also learning Unity, and I am starting to understand it, but it's much more confusing to work with.

You're so right!
But on the other hand, all other things like the editor or editing particle systems, is much easier and comfortable in Unity! Another plus: You can export to all systems not only Windows!
So learning Unity is a good choice. After now two years working with it I don't want to switch back to A8. But sometimes I miss lite_C cause of the things mentioned above.

Re: A9 - 01/05/20 21:49

I agree, Unity is the engine I would recommend to others to learn. But every time I start making a game in Unity, I think ... hey, I could do this so much easier in Lite-C ... and that's what keeps me here laugh

Re: A9 - 04/17/20 02:52

I think at least update the UI of the editors, the icon is so tiny on 4K display, not usable at all.
Posted By: 20BN

Re: A9 - 06/30/20 02:52

Recommendations for version A9
Seeing many flashy suggestions is worthless to A9.
I think the A9 needs to be improved as follows:

1. Upgrade to 64-bit to support larger memory.
2. FBX support, or let MDL format support more FBX data: smoothing group.
3. GPU acceleration of more than 72 bones.
4. There are more than 65535 VECTEX silent MESH rendering.
5. [It's a dream] Support mobile platform publish.

I hope I can use A9 in this lifetime. It's a dream. laugh

Re: A9 - 06/30/20 10:19

I think, before I ask a new release with new features these things would be really good.

Funny and useful extension of the whole 3d Gamestudio world like:
- More AUM
- More examples
- Book for the new GS

Minor but important things:
- Updated documentation with fixes and covering the hidden, forgotten or half covered subjects
- Enhanced gui object handling, like adding method to delete a button from a panel
- Unified text and string handling, for example taking in view the UTF-8
- Revised and better error messages

Major things:
- Better and extended error handling for pointers, files, images, gui objects, entities, etc.
- More handlers/methods for the above to get data, type, status

After all of these were realized, implemented, carried out, I will begin to think what new features would awsome in my opinion.

Re: A9 - 07/01/20 16:06

Originally Posted by Firoball

smile

Re: A9 - 07/02/20 12:43

Well... Dreams are free smile

Re: A9 - 07/08/20 18:16

I may have mentioned it before, but I still would love to see some kind of integration with Linux. I know Linux is a small part of the games market, but I also think it's important for developers to support open platforms to create competition and prevent the formation of monopolies in tech. All my 3DGS games work great on Linux using WINE. Would it be possible to create a kind of installer that automatically makes a game interface through some kind of WINE-like program when you publish it? Then we could create PC and Linux versions of our game, and Linux users could enjoy them without having to install WINE themselves.

Even better would be for the games to be able to run natively on Linux, but I assume that would be harder to accomplish.
Posted By: 3run

Re: A9 - 07/08/20 18:44

I'm not much into details, but as far as I know, Steam has a list of games that work on Linux with help of Proton (their own version of Wine). Maybe digging in that direction will help to get your projects on the Linux market as well (if your projects work with Wine, they should work with Proton too, so maybe there is a way for you to get 'support' label at your projects). I guess this solution is more realistic that Conitec doing anything to gamestudio.

Best regards.

Re: A9 - 07/09/20 15:47

Two of my games are already whitelisted for Proton, but I have no idea if any of my sales are coming from there. From what I've heard a lot of Linux users do not trust any Windows based stuff on their systems ... but I love the idea of having at least one other platform. If Linux is possible, then Mac should also be possible, since it is based on Linux if I understand correctly.

Re: A9 - 07/09/20 19:13

From what I've heard a lot of Linux users do not trust any Windows based stuff on their systems ...
I think this is true, but not for Linux gamers, since they support/use steam's Proton from what I've seen on the web. So I would go with Proton.

I would love to see this engine developing farther, but it's never going to happen, guys... And this is sad.
The best solution I could think of is ether use acknex as it is OR (better) switch to up-to-date engines.

Re: A9 - 07/14/20 14:37

I just came across this line in the manual, under "Publish" ...
"The source code for acknex.exe is available in the engine SDK. You can create your own executable as long as you provide a machine readable copy of the full source code along with the product. P If you own the Pro Edition or a SDK license, you don't need to provide the source code."

Obviously it's a huge undertaking, but any engine programmers out there could probably have some fun trying to get the engine to run on Linux or some other OS laugh
Posted By: Quad

Re: A9 - 07/15/20 19:00

Code
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// acknex.cpp : Runtime EXE
#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN		
#include <windows.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <malloc.h>
#include <memory.h>
#include <tchar.h>

#include "adll.h"
#define IDI_ICON1 105

int APIENTRY WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,	// application instance handle
                     HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, // always zero
                     LPTSTR    lpCmdLine,	// application command line
                     int       nCmdShow)	// window flags
{
	ENGINE_VARS *ev = engine_open(lpCmdLine);

// set the application icon from the EXE icon
    HICON app_icon = LoadIcon(hInstance,MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_ICON1));
    if (app_icon && ev && ev->hWnd) {
	    SendMessage(ev->hWnd, WM_SETICON, ICON_SMALL,(LPARAM)app_icon);
	    SendMessage(ev->hWnd, WM_SETICON, ICON_BIG,(LPARAM)app_icon);
    }
	while (engine_frame()); 
	return engine_close();
}

this is the source of the acknex.exe, it's not the source of the engine, it just opens the engine from dll and passes the command line arguments to it.

Re: A9 - 07/15/20 19:07

Yeah, sadly there is no engine source code available, I'm pretty sure that acknex would have different future, if source code was published at the right time when there were users willing to develop it.

Re: A9 - 07/16/20 13:42

Working with acknex be like...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: alibaba

Re: A9 - 07/17/20 09:25

I can absolutely relate to that grin
Posted By: jenGs

Re: A9 - 07/17/20 11:04

Question: Why do you still use it? I mean directx9 is now reealy old. I gave up on acknex and I am using godot engine now. Not bloated like unity ue lumberjack and much more agreeable licensing conditions (it's free).
It is realy questionable to release a game into the marked with such an old engine. It generates al lot of problems on newer machines. For example, I am getting only 30fps on my new desktop PC in fullscreen dispite any settings I tried (this problem only occures with acknex). At that moment I thought .... no, it is enough, even if there is a solution.
Posted By: Quad

Re: A9 - 07/17/20 11:44

Been looking a godot, neat little engine. 3d and physics is kinda janky but they are working on it.

Re: A9 - 07/17/20 13:45

Originally Posted by 3run
[Linked Image]

Ahahah! You made my day dude. grin
Posted By: Superku

Re: A9 - 08/02/20 09:31

@3run: lol

Re: A9 - 08/04/20 15:36

Okay, I know this will probably never happen. However, if I were able to recommend any features for the next version (or even a small patch to the current one) I would love to see the option to center the 3D camera on a selected object in WED.
Posted By: Superku

Re: A9 - 08/04/20 20:36

Not exactly what you request but in case you're not aware of it you can center all views on an object using the Level tab already: https://i.gyazo.com/1b51d8ae609cc43b18787cd072cb73b3.png

Re: A9 - 08/04/20 22:32

Oh, hey I knew about that, but I did not realize it also repositions the camera view! You are awesome!

What I mean, I did not realize that the camera would then also orbit around that object ... I hope that makes sense.
Posted By: Ice2642

Re: A9 - 08/31/20 12:14

Sorry about my English.

It is sad that 3dgs just work on windows.

If it work on linux, it will be the perfect game tool to build games for raspberry pi and similar SBC. the conitec was lost a very big market that will grow up in the next years.

Lite-C is a very cool language, the ppl lost to not port it of other systems.

BR

Re: A9 - 09/03/20 03:34

Have you tried with WINE? I've found all my games work well on Linux with WINE. I have not tried running 3DGS though ... that might be fun.
Posted By: Ice2642

Re: A9 - 09/04/20 12:33

Have you tried with WINE? I've found all my games work well on Linux with WINE. I have not tried running 3DGS though ... that might be fun.

Wine not work very well.

Some versions work, some no. In my experience, every version it come worst. Debian 10 my last linux, but I use too mint, ubuntu in the last 2 the wine work best.

but, in raspberry pi I do not know if it have wine. If yes I believe it will be very slow because wine is not a emulator, and raspberry is not a x86 platform. DosBox too, work more slow than on a x86.

Now, raspberry can randle openGL very well, games like megaglest can run in RPI 3 with overclock, and I believe RPI 4 can randle it well.

In the next years, this SBCs will come more powerful.
Posted By: Wizo

Re: A9 - 01/10/21 19:17

Why all of us waiting for an update or a new version.
Hum simple we pay for a product who did deliver a lot of false promised.
So what it’s will be money back or you gonna deliver one and for all.

We all wai…

Re: A9 - 01/10/21 23:47

I bought the product that existed, and use it every day. Yes, I would love an update, and more features, but it is still a good engine for making PC games.
Posted By: Eagle

Re: A9 - 01/28/21 05:00

LOL!!! Too Funny!
Posted By: Eagle

Re: A9 - 01/28/21 05:02

Originally Posted by 3run
[Linked Image]

I was laughing because of this LOL~

Re: A9 - 02/02/21 11:32

Godot 2D is blazing fast, but 3D performance is not that good ATM.

Re: A9 - 02/02/21 12:07

Originally Posted by Frederick_Lim
3D performance is not that good ATM.
Godot performance.

Re: A9 - 02/03/21 07:06

Godot 4.0 optimization progress repot
© 2024 lite-C Forums