Z8

Posted By: MatPed

Z8 - 08/06/16 17:25

Hi,
is Z8 reserved for IB customers? If not, how can get the purchasing/selling recommendation.

Thank You

Re: Z8 - 08/08/16 16:14

Hi, sorry if repeat the question but one of the common feature of z systems is that they are broker independent. Is the z8 the exception or I am I doing something wrong?

Thank you
Posted By: jcl

Re: Z8 - 08/08/16 16:55

No system has a "hard wired" broker. You can use Z8 theoretically with any MT4 broker that offers the traded assets.

Re: Z8 - 08/08/16 17:57

Ok, so you can not use it without an acttive broker interface. And I do not know any broker without etf available
Posted By: Veratyr

Re: Z8 - 08/08/16 23:38

You could theoretically write a broker plugin that just prints out trades.

Re: Z8 - 08/09/16 07:23

@veratyr laugh you are kidding laugh. I can use the public version published on Financial hacker, but its a pitty Jcl is a far better coder than me... I have tried to open an account with IB, but it was so difficult and they required so much info that I gave up...

@jcl
I contacted Ig.com and deltastock.com both of them do not allow trading etf with Mt4. Can you suggest an etf's broker that allow Mt4 trading.

Ciao

Re: Z8 - 08/09/16 13:38

No, but I just remember that the MT4 bridge does anyway not support the GET_POSITION command that used by Z8. So you must indeed trade with IB unless you write a broker plugin for another broker.

But you could theoretically open a demo account with IB, trade Z8 on that demo account, then replicate the trades with any other broker.

Re: Z8 - 08/09/16 16:01

ok, write a broker plugin is far from my coding capabilities and demo account on IB are allowed only after you have opened a real one. I have tried but IB is not a "customer oriented" broker.

I will stick with the financial hacker version. In order to save time to user, specify the limit broker options for Z8 the manual could be an option. Just a suggestion.

In some other post you mentioned that you are working on other systems based on different assets than forex or CFD. Please take the broker diversification issues into consideration.

Thank You

Re: Z8 - 08/09/16 16:45

As to my knowledge, you CAN have a IB demo account without a real account. Just download the TWS demo. This account is normally useless because its price data is delayed and it can't properly trade, but it could work for Z8. Just try it. - We plan more non-forex systems, but they all require a connection to a non-forex broker, just as Z8.

Re: Z8 - 08/09/16 16:58

Thank you. I will try. Ok let us know if the re arte IB alternatives. Try did not want My money laugh
Posted By: Rockfish

Re: Z8 - 10/03/16 20:49

Hi All,

I have some questions which i Would appreciate to get some directions on.

- I have installed Zorro on AMS-VPS.
- I have realised that i need to run TWS at the same time as i run Zorro.
- Is it possible to run Zorro from the VPS without the TWS installed and running? (i would like to use the TWS for Other stuff as well during the Days, while Zorro runs in the background. Possible?

- Also it gives the "error 062 - Can't open Z8.par"

2. In the manual you mention a gateway, for port 7496 contra TWS 4002, which is preferable?

3. In the manual, you mention that IB is not optimal for the Other strategies, tick/margin vice. May i assume that FXCM, Oanda is the prefered choices?

Tickers
1. I have not gone into the assets list as a whole, is it equal if I add a short/long ETF?

2. I assume the 1 month holding period is not suitable for a vol strategy?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Z8 - 10/04/16 08:06

Running TWS on a VPS is not recommended since TWS can not run continously. Better use the Gateway. And update to Zorro 1.50, you're using an old version when you see that error message.
Posted By: Rockfish

Re: Z8 - 10/04/16 20:04

Thank you sir!
© 2024 lite-C Forums