Taking the profit before it's gone

Posted By: SnoopySniff

Taking the profit before it's gone - 11/13/18 23:10

I had it twice, that I was 40€ in profit and then I was 40€ in a loss. I'd wish that I would have taken or could take the profit before it's gone because it hurts a bit to observe that a winning position is turning into a losing position.

Is there a way to do that without negatively influencing the algorithm? Should I drag the panic slider until the position is closed? But all positions would be influenced by it.

Or do I need to get used to the "set and forget" philosophy? I mean statistically, the outcome will be positive. Maybe I am observing it too much and should let it go?

How are you handling it my fellow Zorro fans? :-)
Posted By: jcl

Re: Taking the profit before it's gone - 11/14/18 08:11

This is a frequent situation. The Z systems do lock profit, but only extreme profits, not 40 Eur. More aggressive locking reduces statistically the end result. So yes, fire and forget.

Re: Taking the profit before it's gone - 11/14/18 14:11

Haha. Alright! laugh
Posted By: chsmac85

Re: Taking the profit before it's gone - 11/15/18 00:24

I've had the same issue. There's a balance of about 1-2 times a day of checking to make sure nothing crazy has happened that I've found works for me. I might revert to once a week once I am confident there aren't any issues. I've been running live for about a month now.

Re: Taking the profit before it's gone - 11/15/18 21:07

Alright. Thanks. Me too. For about a month.
Posted By: Mio

Re: Taking the profit before it's gone - 11/16/18 03:26

Do you use the Capital slider to reinvest?

Re: Taking the profit before it's gone - 11/20/18 13:53

Originally Posted By: Mio
Do you use the Capital slider to reinvest?

Yes, but at the moment there is not much to reinvest! haha
Posted By: mostafanfs

Re: Taking the profit before it's gone - 01/29/19 10:23

Originally Posted By: chsmac85
I've had the same issue. There's a balance of about 1-2 times a day of checking to make sure nothing crazy has happened that I've found works for me. I might revert to once a week once I am confident there aren't any issues. I've been running live for about a month now.

Hey man.
Would you mind telling us which strategy and assets are you using for that real account? I could use more info like balance amount, win rate, performance and thinks like that
Thanks.
Posted By: chsmac85

Re: Taking the profit before it's gone - 02/02/19 13:44

A former poster made their z12 account available for tracking.
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/darcymac/zorro/2569912
Posted By: jrath

Re: Taking the profit before it's gone - 02/03/19 02:04

looks like the party's over in that one
Posted By: AdamWu

Re: Taking the profit before it's gone - 05/03/21 03:26

Hi jcl, how about 400+ dollars (40%+ of my account)?
From 04-21 to 04-29, Z12 successfully generated 40%+ FP(about 10 positions). But on last Friday(04-30), most FP was gone. And now (Monday Asia session), only 4% profit left(6 positions).
In this case is it reasonable to drag the Pannic Slider? Or can you tell us on what level Z12 will lock profit?
© 2024 lite-C Forums