Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly

Posted By: DdlV

Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 05/20/20 09:03

Hi. Zorro 2.25. NFA=1 & FXOnly=1. Test of Z1 and Z2 give error near/at the end of pass 1.

Z1:
Error 040: Wrong XAG/USD:ES optimize calls!
Bar 5501: 102 - bar 5502: 221

Z2:
Error 040: Wrong XAG/USD:A2 optimize calls!
Bar 5501: 150 - bar 5502: 325

Both Test fine with NFA=0 & FXOnly=1.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 05/21/20 11:55

For excluding non-Forex assets, use the .fac list as described in the manual. As to my knowledge, FxOnly was for systems with no .fac list, so it's not really used anymore. Still, there should be no error - we'll look into that and it will be fixed for the next update.

Re: Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 05/21/20 15:47

Thanks jcl. Hmmm... I thought I was reading the manual... laugh Where both NFA & FXOnly are still documented...

So, if FXOnly is deprecated, that would explain the other Z3 issue too. Is NFA deprecated also?

What exactly is to be done for US accounts, then? Still use NFA? Manually tweak the .fac list for _each_ strategy? No global option like FXOnly?

Thanks.

Re: Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 05/21/20 16:41

NFA is also sort of deprecated because you normally have an entry in your account list for that. But you can still use it.

Re: Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 05/21/20 17:21

I am not using account list. Per the manual, NFA therein "Affects default state of NFA flag...", so it doesn't sound like the NFA flag is deprecated...

Please confirm: For a US account, one must:
1) (One way or another, ) Set the NFA flag (to be safest, even if the broker supposedly handles it)
2) Manually adjust the .fac list
3) Possibly set StopFactor=0 (for Oanda - and others?)

Is this list of steps correct?

Thanks.

Re: Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 06/04/20 00:01

Hi jcl.

Would appreciate your confirmation/correction of the US account "cookbook" above.

Also, I have edited the Z12.fac file & disabled all non-currency assets with the "-". The error still occurs and Test cannot complete. Is this a Zorro program error that downloading the latest beta would/might fix? Or is it a Z1/2/12 error that will need the next official version release?

Thanks.
Posted By: Petra

Re: Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 06/07/20 08:58

I can answer the second question because I am testing the beta version. If you get errors after modifying files, downloading the beta version will not help. You must fix it yourself. Or delete your modifications and start over. Or better do not modify it at all. If you do not know if your broker is NFA or not and you cannot find out then better do not trade at all.

Re: Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 06/07/20 16:15

Thanks Petra. But these are Z1 & Z2 and only jcl can fix.

Regards.

Re: Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 06/16/20 18:39

Hi jcl. Is the Z1 & Z2 fix included in the 2.28.1 Beta?

Thanks.

Re: Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 06/17/20 09:51

No, beta versions have no Z systems.

Re: Z1 & Z2 Test error with NFA & FXOnly - 06/18/20 05:20

Thanks jcl. So the problem is in the coding of Z1 & Z2, not in Zorro. From past experience, I thought as much.

Re. the other issue above, can you please confirm: For a US account, one must:

0) FXOnly is deprecated and its value doesn't matter
1) (One way or another, ) Set the NFA flag (to be safest, even if the broker supposedly handles it)
2) Manually adjust the .fac list, setting all invalid Assets to <=0
3) Set StopFactor=0 (for Oanda - and other brokers?)

Is this list of steps correct and complete?

Thanks.
© 2024 lite-C Forums