Algorithmic trading course

Posted By: france

Algorithmic trading course - 12/11/13 09:36

Hello everybody.
I was curious to ask you if someone can recommend me a trading course in any format videos, e-learning, classroom format, where I can learn math/programming for building strategies.
At the actual stage I have been trading for about 3 years and my background in programming is mainly Mql4 (just started out with C-lite). Many courses do not teach real strategies, many teach only general concepts like WFA/Monte Carlo, but not real strategies that have an edge. This fact make me feel skeptical to invest 3000-5000$ for a course just for learning concepts I can learn from books.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards, Francesco.
Posted By: dusktrader

Re: Algorithmic trading course - 12/11/13 11:48

You should read through the manual in Zorro (press Help in the app, or go to http://manual.zorro-trader.com ) and try to master the courses and software.

The great thing about Zorro is that it encourages you to stay focused on statistical probabilities... it will tell you every step of the way if your assembled strategy is worth anything (or not).

Btw welcome to the community!
Posted By: france

Re: Algorithmic trading course - 12/11/13 14:05

Hi DuskTrader, thank you for welcoming in.

I am actually studying the manual and I will try to develop trading systems based on simple concepts through Zorro Platform.
I started the thread since I am trying to make sure I employ the right approach to do things. On the top of that the topic is quite big and I thought that was a good idea to cut the learning curve a bit.

Best Regards, Francesco.
© 2024 lite-C Forums