Cluster detection

Posted By: nanotir

Cluster detection - 03/24/16 09:23

Hi

Z3 is based on Cluster detection however there is no workshop related to this technic.
Someone knows how to code something like this as example or which indicators can be used for this purpose?
Posted By: MatPed

Re: Cluster detection - 03/24/16 10:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBb5SbhmsSg
ciao

Re: Cluster detection - 03/24/16 17:24

Yes its true. Is it that simple the principle of Z3?

if the price is treding upwards, then todays price is as well higher than the highest high of the last 10 days as well isnt it?

Maybe with data mining it is possible to detect the levels where the price tends stay so that the breakout of such levels can be used to create a strategy?

Re: Cluster detection - 03/24/16 17:36

You are not allowed to place question that I am not able to answer!

Kidding, but not on my skills. Wait for somebody better than me.

Ciao
Posted By: jcl

Re: Cluster detection - 03/25/16 09:39

Yes, this is in fact the principle of Z3, although the script is not as simple as the 4 lines in the video. It has maybe 20 lines for the trade signal. It does not simply compare with the highest high of the last 10 days, but checks for a clustering of prices during a certain number of days. But the principle is the same.
Posted By: DdlV

Re: Cluster detection - 03/25/16 10:56

Also, please be aware that jcl's 20 lines of code => 200+ for us mere mortals... laugh

Re: Cluster detection - 03/25/16 12:01

laugh

Re: Cluster detection - 03/25/16 13:26

Damm it! I am on my 17 line and I was thinking I was getting close to sucess!
Good point DdlV laugh

Re: Cluster detection - 03/29/16 01:34

But jokes aside, there is information in the tutorial about signal processing as a tool to develop indicators to catch the price cycles. It is not directly there but one can go to the source the understand further. So I was wonder if such information exist somewhere to understand the clusters too. Why the exist and how long they last. Such understanding may help to filter the cluster better. Thats why I posted this over educational and not script.
© 2024 lite-C Forums