News history data

Posted By: nanotir

News history data - 08/14/17 00:27

Someone knows where to find historical data of news?
Posted By: firecrest

Re: News history data - 08/14/17 02:37

Quantopian.com does provide news historical data but I am not sure on how to download them. Normally Bloomberg news is used for live trading.
Posted By: nanotir

Re: News history data - 08/14/17 11:22

Originally Posted By: firecrest
Quantopian.com does provide news historical data but I am not sure on how to download them. Normally Bloomberg news is used for live trading.

Some idea how to trade those news btw? laugh
Posted By: pcz

Re: News history data - 08/14/17 14:32

Nanitek: I know guys who do Forex news trading. If I remember right they have a software which translates the news into trading signals. But that alone is not enough. The market reaction is super quick so they have to find DD brokers with slightly delayed price feeds in order to earn money. Then it's possible to enter the market in time but in the long-term the brokers aren't happy because when a customer earns money it almost always means that they lose money. So the approach outlined above is not possible without switching brokers and/or identities quite often. And sometimes they are reluctant to pay you out so you also need a lawyer who is versed in this area.

Despite the pitfalls it used to be a gold mine but the competition is much tougher now and the brokers are more clever. It requires lot of work and in my opinion there are better ways how to earn money. That said - maybe there are other possibilities how to trade the news without so much hassle.
Posted By: easyX

Re: News history data - 11/30/17 23:05

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=549773

i used this news downloader, now i have a csv with all news for many years, just have to find a good way to use this
Posted By: DizDaz

Re: News history data - 12/11/17 19:24

There's the easy way, of course :-)

Just set an OCO order just above and below the current price, with a reasonable take profit and a tight stop loss and you are done. Can't get the full reaction that way but you'll get almost every reaction without much sweat.

--
DD
Posted By: Lobo

Re: News history data - 12/12/17 05:30

@DizDaz ... no concern mate , if price "jumps across your OCO " and opens a gap ?
I had nightmare with IB ( who I think are very professional brokers ) when price buildt a gap far behind my SL ( from one tick to the next tick ) after NFP release .

@easyX : there is NEVER a free lunch at the stocks

m2c

Wolfgang
Posted By: easyX

Re: News history data - 12/12/17 12:40

Hm but there are strong movements to one direction on big news. FED => SP500 and so on long, EURUSD long. ECB => DAX long, EURUSD short. I just want to find more of these kind of "rules".
© 2024 lite-C Forums