Market Meanness Index interpretation

Posted By: kujo

Market Meanness Index interpretation - 02/25/18 16:21

Hi,

Workshop 4 uses MMI indicator. MMI can be fed with prices or price changes. Prices have always some serial correlation. In the workshop falling MMI fed with prices is a signal that market becomes more trendier: a new trend starts.

I wonder if MMI fed with price changes has any interpretation in this case? Does falling or rising MMI of price changes mean something?

MMI fed with prices and price changes often move in different direction:

Re: Market Meanness Index interpretation - 03/02/18 20:52

JCL, could you please comment on this as a creator of MMI?

Re: Market Meanness Index interpretation - 03/06/18 01:33

As I understand it, falling MMI of price changes means that price changes become more trendier. That's it. Not sure that it could be used somehow in a strategy as a filter or signal.

However, falling MMI of prices makes sense and shows that it's a good chance for a new trend. At least, I found only price MMI usage in example strategies written by JCL, not price change MMI.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Market Meanness Index interpretation - 03/06/18 08:37

Sorry, I overlooked this question. When the MMI is fed with price changes, it indicates randomness by its value - the closer to 75, the more random are the price changes. When it is fed with prices, its value has not much meaning, but its falling or rising indicates a beginning or ending trend. The second method seems to work better than the first, so it is normally used in example strategies.
© 2024 lite-C Forums