Error message : Closing Order Quantity

Posted By: OptimusPrime

Error message : Closing Order Quantity - 03/18/19 21:07

Hi Team:

Does anyone have any experience with this Interactive Brokers error message and possible causes/remedies?

" !The closing order quantity is greater than your current position." It's typically followed by Error 075

Much appreciated.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Error message : Closing Order Quantity - 03/19/19 10:44

The IB API has no command for closing. How did you get that message? Was it an asset that cannot be shorted?
Posted By: Zheka

Re: Error message : Closing Order Quantity - 03/19/19 15:21

You will get this from IB when you are reversing a position (i.e. short 2 when long 1). However, this is normally a "warning", not something that actually prohibits order placement.

You can (AFAIK) suppress it by "bypass Order precautions for API orders" in IBG/TWS and/or disable the "Cross Side Warning"

That Zorro does not actually place an order is most probably because of how Zorro handles this warning.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Error message : Closing Order Quantity - 03/20/19 07:59

Warnings won't matter, but error 075 means that the position could really not be opened. Check the log, maybe there is another error or the asset cannot be shorted.

Re: Error message : Closing Order Quantity - 03/20/19 11:49

Thanks JCL and Zheka.. I am testing on the USD/JPY (or any FX pair really).
Posted By: Zheka

Re: Error message : Closing Order Quantity - 03/29/19 09:44

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

Re: Error message : Closing Order Quantity - 03/31/19 19:25

Hi Zheka: thanks for the followup! I have been working on various parts of the script and did not notice what I changed specifically to remove the warning. I no longer get the warning.

I will retrace my steps and see what change(s) removed the warning.
© 2024 lite-C Forums