2 Broker setup

Posted By: Zheka

2 Broker setup - 10/03/19 15:48

I am using 2 brokers to trade (1- for prices, another - for execution).

The Symbol string in the Assets file for e.g. EUR/JPY is MT4_demo:EURJPY!Darwinex_d5:EURJPY!Darwinex_d5:EURJPY.

Both broker times are standard MT4/5 times, i.e. UTC+3.

A simple test script printing bar open/close prices gives the picture below.

- current brokers' time is 18:17 .

- Zorro correctly identifies UTC time offset of brokerA as -3 to UTC, and reports/uses current UTC time as 15:17

- however, Zorro does not apply this offset when requesting prices from Darwinex, and requests LookBack prices from 15:17 broker time - see EA log and comparison of MT5 database and Zorro log prices

I have verified that Darwinex correctly reports its time, as running the same script on Darwinex only all historical price requests are made/timestamped correctly.

Attached picture Zorro_2broker_timestamps.JPG

Re: 2 Broker setup - 10/08/19 22:29

JCL,

the bug fix for this issue provided in v 2.18.8 does not work: historical prices in Live started to be requested from the "SymbolTrade" broker ( MT4_demo in the example above).
Posted By: jcl

Re: 2 Broker setup - 10/09/19 08:14

As to my knowledge, the MT4 plugin corrects the time zone with the "BrokerTime" function. This function is only called for the main broker. That's why additional MT4 brokers got no time zone shift for their historical data. This has nothing to do with "SymbolTrade".

The BrokerTime function is now always called when historical data is requested from MT4, which is supposed to enforce the time zone shift. If you have still a problem, or some other problem, please contact Support with details.

Re: 2 Broker setup - 10/09/19 10:18

And after the change in 2.18.8, historical data in Live are now only requested from the main broker.

Re: 2 Broker setup - 10/09/19 12:42

Support confirmed that the bug fix broke the basic functionality it was supposed to mend.

It would be great if changes are tested before release.
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: 2 Broker setup - 10/09/19 13:14

Are you not a beta tester? grin

Re: 2 Broker setup - 10/09/19 13:52

Wish there were also alpha testers.
© 2024 lite-C Forums