Mapbuilder-Bug?

Posted By: snake67

Mapbuilder-Bug? - 08/26/11 13:20

The terrain lightning is very nice feature. After biulding with "update entities", terrain lightening gets lost. Is this intended or a bug?
Posted By: jcl

Re: Mapbuilder-Bug? - 08/26/11 13:32

Intended. "Update entities" does not calculate the terrain lighting - for this you need to rebuild the level.

Re: Mapbuilder-Bug? - 08/26/11 13:38

Hi

Thanks for your reply jcl. I meant when i build my terrain level with terrain lightning and "build simple map", terrain lightning is fine. Then i change f.e. the position of an player entity and rebuild with "update entities", terrain lightning gets lost. What about this?

Got A8.20 com
Posted By: jcl

Re: Mapbuilder-Bug? - 08/26/11 14:17

That's what I meant. A terrain is an entity. "Update entities" updates all entity positions, including the terrain. The previous lighting then gets lost as the terrain position might have changed. The same applies for static lighting of models that will be soon implemented. For lighting, you must alway rebuild the map.

Re: Mapbuilder-Bug? - 08/26/11 14:52

Thanks. Why not let the shadowmap like it is. You can always rebuild whan it gets messy. This would be very confortable for the designprocess...
Posted By: TechMuc

Re: Mapbuilder-Bug? - 08/26/11 16:11

support! you could give a warning in the map-builder, that for updating the shadowmap the map has to be rebuilt..
But deleting it directly is pretty harsh and against a good design process laugh

Re: Mapbuilder-Bug? - 08/26/11 16:39

Yes. I have a suggestion:
There is a checkbox "Terrain lighting". When its checked "updating entities" will not delete terrain shadow map. Its rebuild only when selecting "Build BSP Map" or "Build simple map". Why not?

I never used terrain because it didnt really look good in combination with blocks. Finally terrain got usable for me...
© 2024 lite-C Forums