effect and effect_layer

Posted By: Gordon

effect and effect_layer - 04/20/12 14:45

1) effect allows NULL to be passed for last vector effect_layer requires a vector. Not sure which is correct but they are different.

2) in some cases effect_layer will not render particles unless there is a panel created. Panel does not need to be visible. I have code that shows this but it it several thousand lines. In short test programs effect_layer works without a panel. The particle functions are being called in both cases (with/without panel) but are not rendering.
Posted By: jcl

Re: effect and effect_layer - 04/23/12 06:57

1) Use "nullvector". But you're right, there's no reason why effect_layer requires a vector - this restriction will be removed.

2) There must be some cause of that problem in the rest of the code. We'd need to look into an example.

Re: effect and effect_layer - 04/24/12 06:00

I can send you the project that causes this behavior. Just let me know what address to send it to...

Re: effect and effect_layer - 04/24/12 09:31

If it's less than 10 MB, you can send it to support (at) 3dgamestudio.net. Otherwise, please ftp upload it here:

ftp.coniserver.net, user: anonymous, pass: anonymous

Re: effect and effect_layer - 04/25/12 08:36

OK I will zip it up and send it by email asap. The zip will have several directories in it but the main code will be in the "mouse" directory.

Re: effect and effect_layer - 04/25/12 17:20

OK sent... main file is mousetest.c

Re: effect and effect_layer - 04/27/12 11:34

Thanks, we got it and will look into it in the next days.

Re: effect and effect_layer - 04/30/12 08:55

It was indeed a bug. This will be fixed for the next release.

Re: effect and effect_layer - 04/30/12 13:22

Thanks!
© 2024 lite-C Forums