Crysis demo is there!

Posted By: PHeMoX

Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 04:12

I'd totally recommend downloading the Crysis demo and try this game out. (Gamespot has it along with other big magazine sites)

It rocks as far as I've played. The demo is about 45 minutes of playtime and consists of the entire first level of the game.

It did crash here once and it looks like it doesn't have all the high-resolution textures on everything just yet (a bit like the UT3 demo), but it sure as heck is a nice game nonetheless. You'll notice a turtle without a proper texture and rocks with washed out textures, things like that. Still other things look totally awesome, like for example sunrise when you get a bit further in the game.

Can't quite get used to Crytek's new line of "Maximum Game" just yet though hahahaha!

Cheers
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 10:22

I guess you need DX10 to be able to play it right ??

cHEERS

fRAZZLE
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 10:42

No, there is a DX9 and DX10 renderer available for Crysis.

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 10:45

Oke good to know

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: TWO

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 10:48

I'm downloading it since 11 hours, however I've got only 85% yet. The servers are slow as hell

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 11:30

Quote:

... The servers are slow as hell

Confirmed
Nothing to do about it then just waiting our as*es off ^^

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Loopix

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 15:16

Just played it for a couple of minutes...amazing stuff Don't play this if you have difficulties to destinguish virtuality from reality

I could play it smooth in high settings (8800GTS, DualCore, 2Gig 800Mhz RAM) under dx9

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 15:17

Quote:

Yup, that's true, in fact, don't worry too much about your PC not being able to handle it... in the lowest of settings it looks and feels a lot like the original Far Cry.

For fast servers I recommend downloading through Gamespot's Download Manager, but I think all servers are going to be a bit busy now since everybody found out the demo is online,

Cheers
Posted By: flits

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 16:03

amazing game
played the mp beta to

the mp beta is much more fun

and download via gamershell its mosly the fasted
Posted By: Aaron_H

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 17:37

Quote:

Quote:

Yup, that's true, in fact, don't worry too much about your PC not being able to handle it... in the lowest of settings it looks and feels a lot like the original Far Cry.

As much as it would break my heart to put the settings on low.. I might have to download it and give it a go..
Posted By: D3D

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 17:42

Crysis SP Demo Fast download
Posted By: Slin

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 19:48

And I sit here on a 900mhz computer which can`t even handle ffp effects right -_-
I am going to test it in two weeks...^^
And I think about buying vista until than to test it as well as some other stuff with DX10
But I`ll see.

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 20:54

Oh my god this is such a fuckin nice game with soooo fuckin [censored] [censored] nice graphics.
[/badwords]

Wow, I'll buy this game for sure, I never played such a well made game. Everything is fitting, the awesome graphics, the dramatic clips, the action loaded gameplay, ...

And I just tried the Sandbox 2 Editor. WED is cooler

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/27/07 21:57

@ D3D:

Great link

@ TWO:

I can only confirm

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/28/07 15:40

I checked it as well. If I come to the beach where all the huts and vehicles are then it looks very flat and bad lighted with medium settings. But if I switch shaders and textures to high (all the other settings still medium) it becomes very slow and I have a DX 10 graphics card:

GeForce 8600 GTS (512 MB)
Athlon 64 3200+
1 GB RAM

If I set it to medium then it plays very well but it looks even worse than FarCry. So I will not buy it.

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/28/07 15:48

?!

I've got a 7900GTX, P4D @ ~ 3.9, 2G DDR2 and on high it runs with 20 FPS and looks so freakin amazing. On medium it's smooth and looks ok too. Worser than FarCry? You should test if you graphics card is broken

Edit: I'm sure the game is so slow because of your cpu, or in the words of my friend "3200er schimmelt doch schon". The AI and physics need much power.

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/28/07 17:42

yes. I think GPU is okay. Maybe it is really the CPU.

But really, look at the huts, barrels and all that stuff in medium quality. It is evenly lit, has no shadows. FarCry provides better graphics on my system.

So I have to wait for a new PC anytime in the future. It is no fun in medium quality for me.

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/28/07 17:50

There's a huge difference between the 8600 GTS and the 8800 GTS when it comes to performance too, so I think it's both the GPU and CPU actually. Still... the minimal specs say a 8600GTS should be sufficient for DirectX10, so I would expect it to run better..

Cheers

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/28/07 19:00

Frank on medium everything has shadows Well, at least in the Dx9 version.
Posted By: D3D

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/28/07 19:15

Maybe it's due to problems in DX10? I know when I installed Vista on my other computer and installed Bioshock it looked worse than it did on XP with DX9 for instance. I can only play Crysis in high mode with my newest computer and card. Everything on medium and it runs very smooth on lower specs too.

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/28/07 22:03

... but in any of those cases the scalability of this engine is not very good compared to id-Tech or Unreal technology.
Posted By: Loopix

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/28/07 22:29

Even though I find the graphics nice, it's not what I find most breath taking (well, the shadows are nice). What amazes me most is the world objects interaction and physics...the way one moves...and how the sounds work...
Posted By: Aaron_H

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/28/07 23:09

Quote:

Crysis SP Demo Fast download

That is a fast download, I'm getting about 2.5MB/sec
Posted By: mk_1

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/28/07 23:21

I don't care that much about graphics. With medium details (dx9) turned on it looks a little better than Far Cry, only more detailed but it is the small things I like: mud and rain drops on the screen and the post processing effects in general.

I like the style of the demo (and hopefully game?) that is more military and squad based than the "lonewulf" far cry way (makes the game feel more real). Too bad the demo was that short...
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/29/07 02:01

low settings and high settings are two totaly different games.

some nice ideas (not new but well added):
+grabing other enemies
+lots of life on the island (animals)
+vegetation rig and collapsing trees
+reinforcement calls

the gfx are not even compareable to what was shown on screenshots, but still very nice and very dense.

lod is irritating a lot, especially on low settings (rocks and walls dissapear infront of soldiers)

i hate switching enemies in games (monsters or aliens). so a big minus point for me.

good and solid shoter game. might be on my budget list next year.

cheers

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/29/07 14:22

This is interesting:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QBgcIfFOJbE

Some people found out that you can just change the config files of crysis to get the same visuals with XP (but even faster) compared to the DX10 version under vista. So is the DX10 version just a fake?
Look at the waves in the video above!

One of the users of this thread wrote:

"So Crytek basically greyed out the very high options under XP, simply because they and their buddies in the industry want us to buy the worthless resource hog that Vista is and the overpriced 8800GTXs. This move on their part is absolutely disgusting. Nothing new of course, but it hurts to see it coming from someone you respected."

Here is the whole story:
http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=11837.0

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/29/07 15:49

I think DX10 isn't even available in this demo yet, but since I haven't tried this demo on Vista yet I don't know..
However if I recall correctly Crytek at some point mentioned a DX10 demo would be out a few days later.

It smells like conspiracy talk, but on the other hand Crytek themselves said already dozens of times that they were going to implement DX10 in Crysis bút that this was not going to mean that Crysis in DX10 would be a whole different game. If you're looking for a DX10 benchmark game Crysis is not it, it's comparable to Lost Planet as far as it's DX10 implementation....

Cheers
Posted By: TripleX

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/29/07 15:59

The very high screeenshots are absolutly amazing.
But actually I think, that they just didn't want to allow Very High to avoid thousands of users complaining about low fps in the demo And maybe even because it IS a demo and not a full game.

The whole athmosphere is amazing. Not only the Graphics, but also the sound and the animations. The Control of the Nano-Suite is also very innovative.
Posted By: broozar

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/29/07 17:52

i'm too occupied with playing stranglehold atm... there are lots of so-called next gen games currently available, aren't there? crysis, enemy territory, stranglehold, bioshock, ut07. wow. we are at the dawn of a new era, or is it just me? games today have a minimum spec of, say 3 - 3.5 GHz CPU, dx9 PS/VS 2B/3, 1 GB+ RAM. aww
Posted By: flits

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/29/07 19:21

isnt it if you have everything on hing and mostin importent shaders on high then you comp while outomatical change it to dx10

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/30/07 01:43

Quote:

But actually I think, that they just didn't want to allow Very High to avoid thousands of users complaining about low fps in the demo

Probably a very valid point for most of the systems out there. By far not everybody will have the highest-end graphics cards currently available that are able to run this game in all it's graphical glory...

I'm pretty sure people with an ATI HD2400 or a Geforce 8500 won't have great performance... some of those cards really are budget DX10 cards, which could mean they're screwed as far as the higher settings go (which basically includes the DX10-renderer). Benchmarks so far aren't exactly positive about those cards and their performance in games and I've heard plenty complaints on various forums already...

Quote:

isnt it if you have everything on hing and mostin importent shaders on high then you comp while outomatical change it to dx10

Actually... it seems this is not true. Look at this screenshot (directly from Crytek btw) comparing LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH, VERY HIGH settings all in DX10 mode; http://ve3d.ign.com/images/fullsize/18460/PC/Crysis

Cheers
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/30/07 08:54

looks like a meter for gamestudio from what it is to what i would like it to be

am i the only one who thinks the screenshots look amazing but ingame lots of shadereffects are noisy, edgy and irritating.
the whole vegetation for example is not smooth but very hard edged and fuzzy.
the highlights look great on screenshots but the palms ingame just look... weired.
but who cares about gfx anyway. buy jets and guns gold!

i think the reason for not "allowing" all functions in the demo might be the beta status and probably some errors, missing tests and tweaks.
i doubt they force us to buy vistas dx10 cards with this game. This is halo3´s job

one thing i noticed later one i like a lot and something that shows how much detail and effort they have added to this game: on elite settings you cant understand the enemies if you cant speak korean.

this is just a small thing and might be so unimportant, but this are features i will remember longer then great art and shaders.

aynone plays elite here? and anyone being able to hit enemies further away then 50meters with this settings?
even laying down and under the turtle on the beach, his accuracy is close to a miami quaterback.

i wouldnt mind if the enemy wasnt able to hit me from the other side of the moon, while being beaten with a baseball bat by o.j.simpson and singing the national anthem of bugtswanna.

cheers

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/30/07 15:08

Yeah, it does look like it's a beta version and you are right, even on my high-end PC things do not look as good as on the official screenshots (not the ones from the comparison I posted earlier, but the other screenshots with awesome light rays, subsurfacescattering on leaves, extremely smooth dynamic shadows and so on).

Quote:

aynone plays elite here? and anyone being able to hit enemies further away then 50meters with this settings?

Yes, the AKs are more accurate and if you do some searching around you will find a sniperrifle too at some point in the game. Shooting at over 200m is easy with that weapon. The standard rifle you start with is terrible when it comes to long range accuracy.

Already got Jets N' Guns by the way, seems the gold version has a lot more levels.. mmm, might be worth buying!

Cheers
Posted By: TripleX

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/30/07 15:44

94% in Gamestar..

btw: ingame it is MUCH better if you switch everything to very high.. Fantastic.. Tough..yes no very playable fps for me. ^^
Posted By: Doug

Re: Crysis demo is there! - 10/30/07 20:17

Sounds like a great game to buy a year or two from now when you don't need a $4000 PC to run it at 60fps.
© 2024 lite-C Forums