Demoscene thread (96k FPS shooter and more.. )

Posted By: PHeMoX

Demoscene thread (96k FPS shooter and more.. ) - 11/07/07 22:30

http://produkkt.abraxas-medien.de/kkrieger#22

Pretty insane for just under 100K !

Cheers
Posted By: ello

Re: Wow! Check this 96k FPS shooter (demoscene-sty - 11/07/07 22:39

posted long time ago, but still its a very cool thing. i hope those guys go on with there work..

Re: Wow! Check this 96k FPS shooter (demoscene-sty - 11/07/07 23:02

Yeah, I just realized it was a 2006 project. My bad! :S But still pretty incredible. Level design is extremely pro, gameplay could use a slight upgrade, but for 96k this is leeet. Honestly I haven't seen similar stuff made with 3dgs just yet,

Cheers
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Wow! Check this 96k FPS shooter (demoscene-sty - 11/07/07 23:16

OOOOOOLD!

i seriously doubt that similar stuff can be made with 3dgs (at least not that small), but check out their engine. i think it's called .theprodukkt 1.1 . open source as far as i know.

Re: Wow! Check this 96k FPS shooter (demoscene-sty - 11/07/07 23:37

btw, does anyone know how those hairy things are created??
http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=33147

sorry phemox, for hijacking, but, well...

Demoscene thread ( 96k shooter and more..) - 11/08/07 01:57

No no, it's all good. It's cool with me to discuss other demoscene related things in this thread.

As for your question, I think there's only a few ways to do this.

You can open the glsl files with notepad and you will see that they did not use a shader for the transformation of the mesh. So I bet they create meshes at realtime and deform them according to the music and probably according to the texture with the 'noise' on it.

Off course, I'm assuming this based on what we're able to see from the source-codes that can be seen,

Cheers

Re: Demoscene thread ( 96k shooter and more..) - 11/08/07 07:25

i wonder if this is possible with lite-c while maintaining the standard script structure and not having to use another setup. in the workfolder there are only examples which aint looking familiar to me
© 2024 lite-C Forums