that happens if you don't have the pro edition :)

Posted By: Chansang

that happens if you don't have the pro edition :) - 12/30/07 23:26

i use the a6 com edition and so i have to use nacasi or an another programm.
well i know that nacasi is not so sure but the poblem was that some antivirus porgramms see it like a trojaner .

and this was the raction of the forum users :

they :it's a trojan !!!!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT

me :
no its not a trojan, the programm nacasi wich i use has sometimes trouble with some anitvirus programms

they :
(after showing some screensshots)
It looks like you really made a game, but AVG deleted as soon as I started your game because it contains a Trojan. Please check it out!

me :
NO NOT SPY !!
it is an .exe file, some anitvirus programms see it as spywhere
I don't have problems when i use Avire AntiVir
IT IS REALLY A FULL PLAYABLE GAME

they:
AVG deleted the file Sad

me:
OK. I work an it. update a better version

they:
I am looking forward to it, because it looks a great FPS game clap
I hope you can remove the trojan (Trojan horse Dropper.Generic.JT) soon

me:
ok,
here is a new try^^
can someone download it ?
it is not the game, but if this work i am sure the game will work too.
download the test.exe an just start it. you should see a guard rotating.
if you can see this, let me now it.

they:
You BASTARD!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
It was an virus installer that tried to install a trojan at least 5 times per second! I could not stop the program, AVG, Task Manager etc.. all had problems and I had to restart the computer and remove the file and spyware.
Now I am sure you did it wilfully and I will ban you Mad Mad Mad Mad
BASTARD!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad

they:
What a fuckwit Mad

He is deleted now.

well, can someone gibe a an advice what i should do now ?
what do you using if you don't have the pro edition ?

cheers
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 12/30/07 23:57

tell him that he is stupid if he doesn't understand its not a trojan?
Posted By: FlorianP

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 12/31/07 00:07

Schöne Geschichte^^

Allerdings hatt'ich noch nie derartige Proleme mit Nacasi - als Vergleichbares ist mir auch nur der wrs-Pakcer aus der Pro bekannt.
Posted By: padrino

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 12/31/07 00:31

Quote:

tell him that he is stupid if he doesn't understand its not a trojan?

if he really is that stupid, he won't even understand that
Posted By: nfs42

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 12/31/07 01:03

GST-Obfuscator, GSTPacker on my website
CRPack from lion-ts

Molebox

3DGSPurepacker

got them all on
GSTools Links
Posted By: FBL

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 12/31/07 12:09

Simple solution: don't use Nacasi. There are other packers around... (see post above)

I don't install Software which throws virus warnings either - regardless what the author says.
We've had this case here several years ago.

"No no, it's no virus - it's the file packer." - You can imagine what happened... several people reinstalled their entire PC.
Posted By: padrino

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 12/31/07 16:47

Quote:

Simple solution: don't use Nacasi. There are other packers around... (see post above)

I don't install Software which throws virus warnings either - regardless what the author says.
We've had this case here several years ago.

"No no, it's no virus - it's the file packer." - You can imagine what happened... several people reinstalled their entire PC.

but you cannot defend yourself from self-written stuff, since most scanners can't recognize these. therefore you could not install ANYTHING from the internet because there could always be a virus delivered with it...
Posted By: Joozey

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 12/31/07 17:39

Even more so, you should unplug the internet ánd power supply to be completely safe. Even hackers can get in through the socket!
Posted By: Nems

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 12/31/07 18:18

yep, just use another file packer because AVG is not going to update their software to read true results, they have been asked to for years

Dont blame the other guys, they simply do not have the knowledge base to make the distinction and most users are similar who have no dev experience.
Posted By: Chansang

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 01/01/08 11:33

thanks for the replies and your help, i will try the other programms out

and a happy new year

bye
Posted By: FBL

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 01/01/08 12:27

Quote:

but you cannot defend yourself from self-written stuff, since most scanners can't recognize these. therefore you could not install ANYTHING from the internet because there could always be a virus delivered with it...

Yeah sure - but it's about avoiding the obvious. A virus warning IS considered obvious.
Posted By: D3D

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 01/02/08 15:37

The AV/FW solutions these days have options for advanced users to display a message on every suspicious event. So in general any packer or executable can lead to false positive with such feature enabled. Guess it is the end-user who doesn't have the ability to interpreted the difference between a real virus and a warning.

To explain why you might get a virus warning on nacasi packed executables (a real false positive). Simple, some wana-hackers/virus writers use software like nacasi to distribute their payloads.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: that happens if you don't have the pro edition - 01/02/08 17:36

yep, since nacasi takes one file and sends other files out of it, the checker cant gaurentee that the files coming out of it arent virus, so it will alert the user. Im pretty certain that other packers like molebox etc, would throw the same.
© 2024 lite-C Forums