Emulate Windows OS to debug applications?

Posted By: D3D

Emulate Windows OS to debug applications? - 01/21/08 13:03

Need to debug a app/dll on Windows 2003, but don't want to buy license/install. Is it possible and legal to emulate the OS?
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Emulate Windows OS to debug applications? - 01/21/08 13:19

possible, yes. Legal, no. (unless you have the license)

Re: Emulate Windows OS to debug applications? - 01/21/08 13:31

No it must be legal. Wished problem came sooner as last year we had Windows 2003 server at work, but it has been replaced with SBS now. I know about how it works with ISO's and already did that for Windows98SE in the past. Just don't want to purchase Windows 2003 to find a little bug somewhere. If it is really a bug at all. Maybe MS created some wonderful tool that developers could use to test their applications for different Windows systems. Guess not ^^

Re: Emulate Windows OS to debug applications? - 01/21/08 13:35

You could try to apply at AMD for using their test computers(you can do that online!) but I dont remember now If they offered any Windows 2003 servers

EDIT: https://devcenter.amd.com/home/index.php

EDIT2: And yes, I just saw, they DO offer Win2003 servers

Re: Emulate Windows OS to debug applications? - 01/21/08 13:45

Thanks for the link. Have applied for a account and will see if i'm allowed to enter shortly. Hope it doesn't cost anything to use their services via vpn. And also not be a problem that i'm using a Intel Quadcore instead of AMD CPU.

Re: Emulate Windows OS to debug applications? - 01/21/08 13:55

Actually that should be one more reason for them to let you in, as that is what this program is for, to let developers test programs on AMD CPUs if they dont have any
© 2024 lite-C Forums