Sending a package from America to Europe (Finland)

Posted By: Ambassador

Sending a package from America to Europe (Finland) - 01/24/08 16:54

Does anybody have an idea how much it costs to send a about 10kg package from America to Europe? Thinking about asking a friend to order a thing for me and send it to me. I can get similar products from here but I want to have a very specific product which seems to be sold only to USA/Canada in one webshop.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Sending a package from America to Europe (Finl - 01/24/08 17:13

Using FedEx: $350-$450
Using USPS(US Postal Service):
Express MailŪ International 5 days $110
Priority MailŪ International 6-10 days $90
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Sending a package from America to Europe (Finl - 01/24/08 17:58

Keep an Eye on the Tax you have to pay for the content.
Dont hand in a bill of a new Item, that is actually old.

This way you pay full consume-tax on the good, as if it where new

Re: Sending a package from America to Europe (Finl - 01/24/08 18:03

Or you can ask the sender to write that the package is a gift - that way you avoid paying the customs tax. Well, here in Latvia at least..... dunno about Finland
Posted By: Ambassador

Re: Sending a package from America to Europe (Finl - 01/24/08 18:28

Ouch, $90 is pretty much... Would have to buy stuff for atleast $1000 to justify that...
Posted By: padrino

Re: Sending a package from America to Europe (Finl - 01/25/08 14:03

Quote:

Ouch, $90 is pretty much... Would have to buy stuff for atleast $1000 to justify that...

no way it is that much... you do not have to send it as priority mail, it will just take a little while. i sent a package (16 pounds) for 60 bucks airmail, but if i woulda sent it regular, it would have cost me way less. just go and ask (or have your friend go and ask )

Re: Sending a package from America to Europe (Finl - 01/25/08 15:22

Of course there are other options, but FedEx and USPS are the ones I use. And if you check USPS's website and calculate the postage, you will see that $90 is the cheapest option available. It is cheaper if you choose "Envelope" when calculating the postage, but I don't think you can define 10kg as an envelope. ^^
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Sending a package from America to Europe (Finl - 01/25/08 16:29

It's an obese envelope
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Sending a package from America to Europe (Finl - 01/25/08 20:40

Quote:

Using FedEx: $350-$450

FedEx is very reliable, but it only makes sense to go with them if you want your package to be somewhere at an exact date... if time isn't quite an issue, don't go for services like those that charge more the sooner you want your package to arrive. It might take a few weeks with standard shipping methods, but it will cost you much less for sure.

Cheers
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: Sending a package from America to Europe (Finl - 01/25/08 21:08

Mark the value way down, and as a gift. I suggest plain old US Postal Service Intl Express. I get mail here in Germany all the time from the US and it's inexpensive
Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: Sending a package from America to Europe (Finl - 01/28/08 19:02

Quote:

no way it is that much... you do not have to send it as priority mail, it will just take a little while. i sent a package (16 pounds) for 60 bucks airmail, but if i woulda sent it regular, it would have cost me way less. just go and ask (or have your friend go and ask )

Unfortunately you have to send it via airmail. Since mid-2007 Surface mail is no longer available from the USA. USPS has the lowest prices of the major carriers, but $90 for 20lbs is quite accurate I am afraid.
© 2024 lite-C Forums