Citroen C4 Game(A7)

Posted By: Quad

Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/19/08 17:11

FIRST, i didnt made the game. This is why game is here instead of gallery. The team that made the Kabus22 ( Son Işık Studios ) made this game.

They made it again, one of the best Acknex games ever made. At first i didnt regocnized it is Acknex but i saw that loading bar on the startup window(you know that window pro users can change-WDF-) and immediately took a look at the game folder. And saw the 7.07 acknex.dll and wrs file and wdf file etc...

The game is like an advert game, a free short racing game. You can either create an account and try to beat other player's record, or you can play offline yourself. There was a tv-ad shown in Turkey(and some other countries i belive) about citroen C4 that turns into a robot(like a transformer) and dances.(video link to this ad). edit yeah found a German video(Link, same moves the robot makes in this video are can be done in the game)

This is the game of this robot.

In the game you can transform between car and robo forms, and try to beat other's times. If you login with a id, it asks you if you want to download the ghost car of the guy with best record in the ranking list. If you acept, it dowloads the ghost car and you try to beat it.(you see the ghost car as a silver car while racing)

The track is located at Istanbul, you start at the Bridge(the bridge that connects asia to europe) go thru Marmaray( Marmaray at Wikipedia). You can collect bonuses, you can slide on the barriers at robot form, you can hang wires in the tunnel etc.

Track is huge for a GS map, lights,shadows,bloom shader all fits perfect together. And it runs smoothly(80+ fps on my pc i think).

the videos of the game(official):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqXOjWvU8mk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyxQw5o-I8s

download:
http://www.c4robot.com/download.php?file=c4robot_kur.exe 277mb

web: c4robot.com

I recorded a video too, and took some screenshots but when i take screenshots or record video, it takes it like there is no bloom. Better try and see yourself.

anyway if you want to reister:
http://www.c4robot.com/index.php?section=register
the page is Turkish.
You need to fill the boxes in this order:

username-pass-pass again-name-surname-DOB-email-SKIP telefon-select one of the "Şehir"s-enter the code in the pic.

Once you start the game, a launcher appears.

Click on the first button(Çalıştır)
IF you are registered enter your info and press "Tamam", if you are NOT registered leave this spaces blank.

First button in the in-game menu is "Play", then you chose the color and the ghost type(1-Online Best,2-Your Best,3-No ghost)

After the loading screen game starts.

arrow keys to move, d to change form, s to turbo(car) or jump(robot).

If you have some problem running the game ask me.

Really, this is a must-see Acknex game. Conitec should use such games for advertising engine.

P.S. Game is set to Mid graphics settings if you dont changed them. To change go to "Ayarlar" on the launcher, the top one is graphic detail -En iyi- is max , minumum is min.

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/19/08 17:26

BTW some screenshots:(Beware this is definetely NOT how the game looks, i dont know why but when i record a video or take a screenshot, it looks like dusty and looks like bloom is off)

Starting point:

Bridge:

Robot: moves like this robot(ad video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdNrQfE9j1c

Transforming:

Sliding on barriers \:D Like in this ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2R_d7Cexkw

dusty roads:

Marmaray, hanging wires:

Marmaray, the fishes in the sea \:D

Bridge from another angle:

Amusement park:

Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/19/08 17:46

I helped with working on the Citroen C2 Racing game and between C2 and C4 game are ... worlds when talking about graphic.

Really nice, this gamedesign team seems to make one good game after another. Nice
Posted By: ello

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/19/08 18:21

those guys rock
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/19/08 19:42

Very impressive!
They must be veteran professionals!
Posted By: fogman

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/19/08 19:58

Jcl should ask them for screens. \:D
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/19/08 21:12

i cant get on their homepage and cant download it =(

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/19/08 21:43

they are currently down for maintance, game servers are down too.
Posted By: VPrime

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/19/08 22:46

Oh man, these guys are so good!
Really shows what 3DGS is capable of!

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/20/08 10:57

they are online again, if you want to check it.
Posted By: picoder

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/20/08 13:54

There aren't some effects in Quadraxas's screnshots.
The game normally looks like these ss:

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/20/08 14:41

it sort of strange, when i take a screenshot PP effects are not visible on the shot, same applies to buddies on tr3dgs.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/20/08 23:15

I just played the demo in middle and high graphic settings and I just want to stress that I am still very impressed by this professional work.
They know their restrictions.
It looks fantastic, although they use only two sprites (one for the car, one for the transformer) for the "dynamic" shadows and baked the rest of the shadows.

They at least must have found a fast and effective production pipeline, because without that they wouldn't have managed the high amount of details and the seamless accurate overall look of the level.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/21/08 08:47

Looks really awesome , fantastic job , really shows how gamestudio can definately be used to make great professional and commercial games.
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/21/08 11:34

Amazing work! Gotta apreciate people that squeeze everything possible out the engine!
Posted By: fogman

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/21/08 11:50

Played it. Sometimes it lags a second if I play it with best settings.
It looks great and it´s fun. Sometimes it lacks a bit of detail, e.g. there are not many buildings.
But it shows what a small team with a solid budged can do. A polished, stable app.

I´m amazed by the inactivity of the usual suspects. I hope that they are not paralysed. \:\)
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/21/08 17:48

"with a solid budged can do"

or a group of very motivated individuals
Posted By: Nems

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/21/08 22:35

Yeah, this looks great but I really like Kabuss 22 [check out the movie on the downloads page]more.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/21/08 22:40

Originally Posted By: Quadraxas
it sort of strange, when i take a screenshot PP effects are not visible on the shot, same applies to buddies on tr3dgs.

It's not that strange. If you define a visible view in a lower layer or define a view that you use for post-processing you get this kind of thing. I have to switch off certain views, otherwise I only get black screenshots... \:\) Not sure, but I guess it's an engine thing or something having to do with the order in which views get rendered on screen... \:\)

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/21/08 23:41

Originally Posted By: Nems
Yeah, this looks great but I really like Kabuss 22 [check out the movie on the downloads page]more.

Yeah, it was really awesome, i bought the game and it was just awesome(though it has more +'s cuz it's like first fully-Turkish game).

It's also released in Poland(with title Fear Zone: Strefa 22),Russia and Czech Republic(dont know their name in these countries). The speech voice and game is also translated to these countries' language.

It will be also released in GERMANY,Austria,Holland and Ukraine after translation process is completed(maybe sometime more.)

Originally Posted By: PHeMoX

It's not that strange. If you define a visible view in a lower layer or define a view that you use for post-processing you get this kind of thing. I have to switch off certain views, otherwise I only get black screenshots... \:\) Not sure, but I guess it's an engine thing or something having to do with the order in which views get rendered on screen... \:\)

ah i see.
Posted By: amy

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/22/08 05:08

Wow! It looks awesome. \:\) I own a C4.

How did you achieve the shadow mapping on models?

How did you do the physics? With the built-in physics engine?

(As far as i know this screenshot issue can be driver dependend.)

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/22/08 09:34

as i already said on the first post, i didnt made the game.
Posted By: amy

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/22/08 09:47

but picoder?
Posted By: picoder

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/22/08 11:07

No, i didn't make too. \:\)
I just played the game.
The screenshots are from c4robot.com

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/22/08 15:08

it is beautiful, i always wanted to purchase kabus22 because it looked fun but... the controls were screwy to me
i didnt like the way the character rotated.

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 04/24/08 10:09

(According to the media -news-)They will shoot a tournament soon, winner gets a Citroen c4, too bad that only Turkish palyers has this chance.

The game has a new version but i didnt downloaded it yet. And i guess tournament version will be more diffrent.

Game had more players than they thought,Ankara and İzmir will be added to game and game will be sold in Turkey. More tracks, more bonuses, more moves i guess.

And according to the same "news" French Citroen may use this this as an advert campaign, game can be translated to other languages, and local tracks can be added to game.
Posted By: cro_games

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 08/21/08 13:45

I have that game on my pc..graphics are cool..

Re: Citroen C4 Game(A7) - 08/21/08 14:08

threadnecro....
© 2024 lite-C Forums